Fun and Reliable
By starlabrite on
1996 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback
I have had the 1996 LS for a little over two years, and I'm still impressed with it. I have packed on the miles (I purchased it with 97,000, now it has 148,000!), and it still runs great. The only major problems I've encountered thus far: replacing the timing belt (a must) and the radiator. It looks great, but the paint is a little lacking. My hood is showing its age, as little dots of paint are stripping off, but it's really not that noticeable. The paint is fading, however, and I think a new paint job would make it look (and feel) brand new. Not only is the car powerful and fast, it's fuel-efficient, and the hatchback has proven itself extremely worthy when moving!
Favorite Features
Vast amount of trunk space compared to other hatchbacks, folding down seats allows moving even the largest objects easy. I love the amount of power this car possesses without having to sacrifice gas mileage. Extremely reliable car. This car has never skidded over puddles in the rain...very safe!
Suggested Improvements
Leg room...it's fine to me, but my friends absolutely hate the backseat. Plus, they always slam their heads on the ceiling if I run over a speed bump while they're in the back seat. Better clear coat on the car...after a few years, it starts to show its age.