1996 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:
Still Going Strong
By ACIN on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

Just another satisfied owner. With plenty of acceleration for fun or slipping through traffic, the GS-R is a car for drivers. I bought mine new eight years ago and I'm still satisfied. Following the standard maintenance recommendation (more or less), I haven't had a single problem in my 100K+ miles.

It's Got It All
By CEEDUB on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

This car had everything I was looking for: low maintenance, reliable, sporty, nice handling, fast yet good on gas, nice-looking. Lots of upgrades available through aftermarket channels. My car has over 155,000 miles on it and it still rides almost like new. The only repair I've had was the clutch pressure plate cracked and chipped at 120k, so I needed a new clutch (replaced original). The rear wing could be repainted, too. The sun, rain and wind have worn down the paint on the corners. Other than that, I love the car. Only drawback is its high theft appeal.

Too bad they dont make them anymore :-(
By Bipin Pillai on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Acura Integra Special Edition 4dr Sedan

It is more than 7 years now and 155000 miles old. Still running as if i just took it out of the dealership !! The only thing i had to fix was one headlight, radio antenna (it got stuck and I went through a car wash!). No other repairs ... only maintenances !! I would have definitely bought a new one again ... if only they started making them again :-(

Great car
By Terry48 on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Very economical vehicle. Very reliable

A Practical Sports Car
By Robert Sheridan on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I purchased my 1996 LS when my wife changed careers and needed our 1999 Civic coupe as a daily driver. Plus, we needed a car to haul around our 65- pound Siberian Husky. I never thought I'd own a car that was more fun to drive than my old '88 Prelude, but the Integra beats the Prelude hands-down. The Integra hugs the twisties like a Porsche, possesses a zippy high-revving engine (I routinely redline the tach), is virtually maintenance-free, and has tons of cargo room.

Perfection
By brujc on 07/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra Special Edition 2dr Hatchback

I have owned my Integra for 7 years and I have had no, I repeat, no mechanical problems. The only things that I needed were a new power radio antenna and tires. Not bad for seven years. I've had more fun driving this car than any I have owned and I've owned Z's and RX7's.

After 7 years, an excellent car
By Madrid on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra Special Edition 4dr Sedan

After 7 years I'm about to sell my Integra and will definately miss it. This car is rather spartan in the interior (a disappointment when I bought it), but the engineering (engine, manual transmission and brakes, especially) are the best of any car, hands down. In the first few months we had to replace the drivers airbag and the sun roof got stuck, but since then it's been near perfect. At 105,000 miles I recently had to replace the radiator (they use a cheaper plastic top as an original) and, incredibly, I'm still on the original brake pads!! Unfortunately, I've gotten too many tickets with this car and it's time to move on.

Good Little Car
By RockLobster on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra LS 4dr Sedan

My Girlfirend and i bought this car mainly for her to drive. The only complaint i have so far is that it's auto transmission seems to be poorly programed and deteriorates the cars responsivness. The AT has to much slop for a car of this type and can be quite frustrating in its ponderous search for the right gear durring more aggressive driving. If buing this car i reccomend steering clear of the auto transmission. Else i can vouch that this is by far the most reliability for the money. These integras are top of the list for reliability. It is for the most part a quick car that is quite fun to drive.

1996 gsr
By jlow125 on 06/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

great car fast and very reliable

Extremely reliable car
By dil on 04/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra Special Edition 4dr Sedan

This car is extremely reliable. In 3 yrs., I have only changed one headlight and 2 sparkplugs, that's it. That's amazing, esp. with the driving that I do. This car is also fun to drive (handling and smooth engine). I would definitely recommend this car to the reader.