1996 Acura Integra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:
After 7 years, an excellent car
By Madrid on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan

After 7 years I'm about to sell my Integra and will definately miss it. This car is rather spartan in the interior (a disappointment when I bought it), but the engineering (engine, manual transmission and brakes, especially) are the best of any car, hands down. In the first few months we had to replace the drivers airbag and the sun roof got stuck, but since then it's been near perfect. At 105,000 miles I recently had to replace the radiator (they use a cheaper plastic top as an original) and, incredibly, I'm still on the original brake pads!! Unfortunately, I've gotten too many tickets with this car and it's time to move on.

Good Little Car
By RockLobster on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

My Girlfirend and i bought this car mainly for her to drive. The only complaint i have so far is that it's auto transmission seems to be poorly programed and deteriorates the cars responsivness. The AT has to much slop for a car of this type and can be quite frustrating in its ponderous search for the right gear durring more aggressive driving. If buing this car i reccomend steering clear of the auto transmission. Else i can vouch that this is by far the most reliability for the money. These integras are top of the list for reliability. It is for the most part a quick car that is quite fun to drive.

Extremely reliable car
By dil on 04/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan

This car is extremely reliable. In 3 yrs., I have only changed one headlight and 2 sparkplugs, that's it. That's amazing, esp. with the driving that I do. This car is also fun to drive (handling and smooth engine). I would definitely recommend this car to the reader.

EXCELLENT CAR!
By Hilary on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan

My husband and I Rebuilt this acura (salvage front end colision) I was very sceptical that a 1.8 would have far more power than my civic 1.6 well when we finished the rebuild we raced them (both pretty much stock) this car (integra) took off and left my little civic choke'n in its dust (lol) I love this car its a 5-spd thats the only way to go if you want POWER I dont know why I was not in tune with an acura years ago. It is VERY simular to a Lexus in luxuary, mine is the special edition very much like the gsr with leather interior and POWER!

Gsr Integra
By Tim_N on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra Sedan GS-R 4dr Sedan

Great car. I love that its 4 door. Pretty fast for a car that you can get 35 mpg. A great alternative to getting a civic or accord at the same price. Unless you can afford a bmw 7 series or something similiar this is a great car.