Used 1996 Acura Integra Special Edition Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

1996 Acura Integra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

Reliable car
By adrianna

1996 Acura Integra Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan

I had my Acura Integra for 9 years now and have 98,000 miles on it. The car is still excellent, could still drive 80 miles/ hr. I love the acceleration and it is a very efficient car.

Favorite Features

Reliable, fast car, excellent handling

Too bad they dont make them anymore :-(
By Bipin Pillai

1996 Acura Integra Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan

It is more than 7 years now and 155000 miles old. Still running as if i just took it out of the dealership !! The only thing i had to fix was one headlight, radio antenna (it got stuck and I went through a car wash!). No other repairs ... only maintenances !! I would have definitely bought a new one again ... if only they started making them again :-(

Favorite Features

Trouble-free. Initially i thought it had very bad handling especially on wet roads but later found out it was due to the Michelin tires it comes with. Changed to Kumho Tires and it made a world of a difference. I can do 80mph and it is still very stable !!

Suggested Improvements

The only complaint of this almost perfect car was the road noise.

Great car
By Terry48

Very economical vehicle. Very reliable

Favorite Features

Sporty movements, comfortable and quick response. Good gas mileage (28-30 MPG) Looks are outstanding.Radio is very good

Suggested Improvements

Sun roof is a waste. Open it is too noisey.

After 7 years, an excellent car
By Madrid

1996 Acura Integra Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan

After 7 years I'm about to sell my Integra and will definately miss it. This car is rather spartan in the interior (a disappointment when I bought it), but the engineering (engine, manual transmission and brakes, especially) are the best of any car, hands down. In the first few months we had to replace the drivers airbag and the sun roof got stuck, but since then it's been near perfect. At 105,000 miles I recently had to replace the radiator (they use a cheaper plastic top as an original) and, incredibly, I'm still on the original brake pads!! Unfortunately, I've gotten too many tickets with this car and it's time to move on.

Favorite Features

Comfortable to drive, stability in turns, acceleration, braking, and reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Back doors are are tin-like, especially when someone slams them shut. Noisy inside while driving on the freeway.

Extremely reliable car
By dil

1996 Acura Integra Sedan Special Edition 4dr Sedan

This car is extremely reliable. In 3 yrs., I have only changed one headlight and 2 sparkplugs, that's it. That's amazing, esp. with the driving that I do. This car is also fun to drive (handling and smooth engine). I would definitely recommend this car to the reader.

Favorite Features

I love the exterior design of the car. The interior has excellent materials and fit/finish is outstanding. Handling and acceleration for this car is also superb. I find the short-throw 5-speed stick shift to be smooth and easy to use as well.

Suggested Improvements

The sheetmetal is very thin, this causes dents to occur more frequently. One last suggestion is an improvement on immediate acceleration. This means that torque is lacking.