Used 1996 Acura Integra RS Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

1996 Acura Integra Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

Wouldn't sell this car.
By wrongfire

1996 Acura Integra Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

Performance - 3 This is the weakest aspect to me, of course this is just the RS, but it's slow. It handles great, I love taking corners with it. It's FWD, so if that's your thing then you will love it. Comfort - 4 The chair's are nice but not great, driving for more than an hour gets uncomfortable.. The cup holders are pretty small. Value - 5 This car has so much going for it, and the price is excellent. Fun- 4 Awesome car, but just slightly too slow, and spongy. Interior - 5 Mine is black and blue.. it's immaculate. Exterior - 5 The design is still excellent and eye catching. Build - 4 140k miles and still holding together very well. Reliability- 5 140k miles and nothing is wrong.

Favorite Features

I love the way the car looks, both inside and out. Honda's have a way of being reliable, and so far, this car has done nothing unexpected. I took this car to a drift trick and tested it around their track. The body roll is pretty noticeable and you can feel it push on the tires causing a loss of traction.. But it drives fantastic, it carves through corners and does really well for a FWD. It's lightweight and it's easy to tell, I feel like my car has more agility than most on the road. The steering feels solid. 30MPG has been saving me so much money. It has 4 seats. The engine is Honda and just makes sense, nothing about it is questionable in design for it's time... Except the ABS

Suggested Improvements

ABS is crap, and mine is broken and will stay forever broken as I have no desire to fix it. The cup holders could be bigger. It could be RWD. lol The 14' rims just look too small. Upgrading to 16's That's it.. that's all that really bugs me.. This car is great on many levels.

Integra 59
By mechanic

1996 Acura Integra Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

I've owned the Integra for 8 1/2 years. It has about 108,000 miles on it. It's fun to drive, has very little maintenance cost, and responds very quickly. The seat belts respond too quickly, pinning me to the seat when I move rapidly. The only mechanical problem that I find to be a weakness is that I had to replace the radiator after 84,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Immediate response to steering and engine.

Suggested Improvements

Replace the seat belt system with one that will allow me to reach over to the glove compartment without locking up to pin me to the seatback.

Amazingly reliable, equally fun to drive
By COIntegra

1996 Acura Integra Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

I purchased this car with approximately 60,000 miles. The car now has nearly 100,000 miles and I have never encountered any problems. I drive the car with spirit and it never lets me down. Combining decent fuel economy, fantastic reliability, and true enjoyent while driving, this car will always be one of my favorites. (Go with the 5-speed to achieve the most power.)

Favorite Features

Smooth transmission, engine that never complains, overall reliability

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders, a stronger air conditioner

Great Car
By Vanyan

1996 Acura Integra Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

This car has great handling, good acceleration at higher RPM's, low maintenance, and looks great. I highly recommend owning an Integra. A standard transmission is a must.

Favorite Features

Cornering.

Suggested Improvements

Seats could be more comfortable and the headroom in the backseat is terrible.

I am in love with my car!!
By LittleTibbs

1996 Acura Integra Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

I bought my car, used, about six months ago. Coming from an '86 Toyota Celica, I feel absolutely spoiled in my Integra. The ride is smooth, the fuel economy fantastic, and even at 8 years old, the car is slick. I love the 32 mpg with all the driving I do, and the reliability keeps maintenance down to a minimum. Now, if I drive another car, I can really feel the difference-- I miss the get- up- and- go and quick turns I've become acustomed to in my car. I'll definitely stay with the Acuras!

Favorite Features

Lots of trunk space, fuel economy, dressed up easily (tinted windows and a decent sound system make it like new), quick response on the pedal and nice manuevering.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders aren't quite big enough