Used 1996 Acura Integra GS-R Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

It's so hard to say goodbye...
By GS-R Lover

1996 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 1996 Acura Integra GSR (5 sp manual) used in the fall of 1998 right after I graduated from college. I was 22 years old and had just landed my first job in the real world. At the time, the purchase price of $18k nearly broke the bank, but I loved the car and wanted to make a long term investment. Well, it is now the fall of 2009, I am 33 years old, and I still have my GSR and I still look forward to driving it every time I get in! Unfortunately, the time has come for me to get a new car because it is now impractical to own a 2-door due to all of the trips I have to make with my young children. I have loved owning my GSR and I will miss it very, very much. This car will one day be a collectible.

Favorite Features

A joy to drive - handling, acceleration, high revs, good gas mileage, great reliability, timeless design that still turns heads, crisp manual gearbox.

Suggested Improvements

None.

12 Years of fun
By GSR Fan

1996 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

Recently sold my GSR. I put about 150K on it before selling. Never had any major issues, except regular maintenance items that need to be addressed in an older car; brakes, clutch, suspension etc. Very fun car to drive and I got about 28 mpg on average.

Favorite Features

Styling, reliability, fun factor.

Suggested Improvements

My only complaint was that the seats and head room were too small for me. I am 6'3" 220lbs.

Sad to see it go
By SDSurfer

1996 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

This truly was a wonderful car to own and I will miss it. There's something special about popping it into 3rd to blast the revs and merge onto the freeway. After this vehicle I will always need a good amount of performance, I've been spoiled.

Favorite Features

Performance, seats, appearance.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise, hard to check the blind spot.

Awesome Reliability
By Kriss

1996 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

Excellent car. It is reliable, fun to drive. I have 150k on it and only had to perform minor maintenance - wheel bearing, AC motor, and cooling fan motor.

Favorite Features

The overall car is quality built. I would buy one again if the model was still carried.

Suggested Improvements

The back seat is a little tight. Other than that it was awesome.

Terrific car
By Raven

1996 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I recently traded in my Integra for a 3.2 TL Type S, and while I love my TL, my memories of that wonderful Integra will always be with me. Great acceleration, amazing handling on curves and the ability to get in and out of traffic make that car a joy to drive. The styling is great and there's just something about what Acura does with engines that creates a powerful sound that makes you love what you're driving. Reliability? Acura has cornered the market on it. I have owned 2 Acuras - now on my third - and I will never purchase any other brand. Not a thing ever went wrong with my vehicle and I drove it harder than I ever should have.

Favorite Features

Engine - sound and performance. Styling - race car style with elegance. Reliability - what can you say about a vehicle that never has a mechanical problem in 12 years.

Suggested Improvements

Model has been discontinued - a shame, but for those still out there, perhaps comfort level would be a nice improvement. All in all, a tremendous bang for the buck. Honda outdid itself with Acura.