1996 Acura Integra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:
Wouldn't sell this car.
By wrongfire on 08/28/12 19:16 PM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

Performance - 3 This is the weakest aspect to me, of course this is just the RS, but it's slow. It handles great, I love taking corners with it. It's FWD, so if that's your thing then you will love it. Comfort - 4 The chair's are nice but not great, driving for more than an hour gets uncomfortable.. The cup holders are pretty small. Value - 5 This car has so much going for it, and the price is excellent. Fun- 4 Awesome car, but just slightly too slow, and spongy. Interior - 5 Mine is black and blue.. it's immaculate. Exterior - 5 The design is still excellent and eye catching. Build - 4 140k miles and still holding together very well. Reliability- 5 140k miles and nothing is wrong.

96 coupe, 1.8l automatic
By bassplayer62 on 08/18/11 03:35 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

resurrected my '96 two years ago. it had been sitting for 2 years, the prior owner parked it when the engine light went on around smog test time. picked it up for $300. started it up, was not running too well, like on 2 cylinders. Got it home then pulled down the codes. misfire cyl 2 &3 and bad secondary O2 sensor. Replaced cap, rotaor, plugs and wires. Replaced O2 sensor. The car fired right up. 1st test drive was an awesome experience, great acceleration!!!. Passed smog with flying colors!!! only mechanical issue was the coil recently failed. Replace witha new one, and no problems since. This is a very fun car to drive!! I live in the mountains and this car corners like a dream.

It's so hard to say goodbye...
By GS-R Lover on 10/26/09 13:29 PM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 1996 Acura Integra GSR (5 sp manual) used in the fall of 1998 right after I graduated from college. I was 22 years old and had just landed my first job in the real world. At the time, the purchase price of $18k nearly broke the bank, but I loved the car and wanted to make a long term investment. Well, it is now the fall of 2009, I am 33 years old, and I still have my GSR and I still look forward to driving it every time I get in! Unfortunately, the time has come for me to get a new car because it is now impractical to own a 2-door due to all of the trips I have to make with my young children. I have loved owning my GSR and I will miss it very, very much. This car will one day be a collectible.

12 Years of fun
By GSR Fan on 09/02/09 16:41 PM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

Recently sold my GSR. I put about 150K on it before selling. Never had any major issues, except regular maintenance items that need to be addressed in an older car; brakes, clutch, suspension etc. Very fun car to drive and I got about 28 mpg on average.

Good handling
By integra owner on 08/09/09 13:58 PM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

25 mpg for a car that gets to 60 in 8.5 seconds isnít great. It is very reasonably priced though. For an msrp of $18,000 it is very sporty.

Sad to see it go
By SDSurfer on 04/27/09 14:46 PM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

This truly was a wonderful car to own and I will miss it. There's something special about popping it into 3rd to blast the revs and merge onto the freeway. After this vehicle I will always need a good amount of performance, I've been spoiled.

Awesome Reliability
By Kriss on 10/07/08 09:29 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

Excellent car. It is reliable, fun to drive. I have 150k on it and only had to perform minor maintenance - wheel bearing, AC motor, and cooling fan motor.

It's my baby! 96 Integra LS
By Integra <3 on 06/23/08 14:14 PM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

I got this car as an intended project car and it's coming along great! Like stated, after 100k miles the car starts to show its wear. Ive bought an intake system, a full header back system and thats just the beginning. With some performance mods this car can haul! It is a tuner car and should be treated as such :) Outstanding car but should only be owned by tuners in my opinion.

Terrific car
By Raven on 03/26/08 18:05 PM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I recently traded in my Integra for a 3.2 TL Type S, and while I love my TL, my memories of that wonderful Integra will always be with me. Great acceleration, amazing handling on curves and the ability to get in and out of traffic make that car a joy to drive. The styling is great and there's just something about what Acura does with engines that creates a powerful sound that makes you love what you're driving. Reliability? Acura has cornered the market on it. I have owned 2 Acuras - now on my third - and I will never purchase any other brand. Not a thing ever went wrong with my vehicle and I drove it harder than I ever should have.

Wonderful car
By Raven on 11/29/07 17:58 PM (PST)

1996 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I've owned my GS-R for 5 years (bought it used) and have loved driving it ever since. Who would have thought 4 cylinders could do what this car does. I have to get a larger car now due to family additions, but this car has set a standard for quality, reliability and performance that will have to be met by the next car I drive - which will be an Acura, thanks to this little marvel. Great handling, no problems, loves the road and you can count on this little machine. What else is there?

1 2 3 4 5 next »