1996 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:
96 coupe, 1.8l automatic
By bassplayer62 on 08/18/11 03:35 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

resurrected my '96 two years ago. it had been sitting for 2 years, the prior owner parked it when the engine light went on around smog test time. picked it up for $300. started it up, was not running too well, like on 2 cylinders. Got it home then pulled down the codes. misfire cyl 2 &3 and bad secondary O2 sensor. Replaced cap, rotaor, plugs and wires. Replaced O2 sensor. The car fired right up. 1st test drive was an awesome experience, great acceleration!!!. Passed smog with flying colors!!! only mechanical issue was the coil recently failed. Replace witha new one, and no problems since. This is a very fun car to drive!! I live in the mountains and this car corners like a dream.

Good handling
By integra owner on 08/09/09 13:58 PM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

25 mpg for a car that gets to 60 in 8.5 seconds isn’t great. It is very reasonably priced though. For an msrp of $18,000 it is very sporty.

It's my baby! 96 Integra LS
By Integra <3 on 06/23/08 14:14 PM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I got this car as an intended project car and it's coming along great! Like stated, after 100k miles the car starts to show its wear. Ive bought an intake system, a full header back system and thats just the beginning. With some performance mods this car can haul! It is a tuner car and should be treated as such :) Outstanding car but should only be owned by tuners in my opinion.

Love, love, love. Bought new in '96!
By Gayle on 05/31/07 20:42 PM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

This has been and continues to be a great car. I will probably keep many more years. Very reliable and so much fun to ride. The back is always reserved for my dog. The moon roof is wonderful and after almost 11 years I have finally installed a CD player. My original research paid off. Many have tried to buy from me and I tell them "no". No big major repairs, just keep well maintained. Highly recommend.

Reliable, fun to drive
By Chris on 01/06/07 16:18 PM (PST)

1996 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I bought my teg new in '96 and have driven it hard for most its 10 years. It's held up very well. It does OK in Denver snow and gets 31 mpg. As small 4 cylinders go, its pretty peppy. Repairs have included a timing belt, clutch, radiator, CV joints, distributor, and a bearing in the transmission.

I LOVE THIS CAR!
By Jennifer on 01/08/06 11:12 AM (PST)

1996 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

this is an awesome car..it gets great gas mileage..has a peppy little engine..good car overall..very reliable (ive had no problems i have a 96 with 95 k miles..not one problem!) i would tell anyone to buy one if you have the chance.

Fun and Reliable
By starlabrite on 04/20/05 11:06 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I have had the 1996 LS for a little over two years, and I'm still impressed with it. I have packed on the miles (I purchased it with 97,000, now it has 148,000!), and it still runs great. The only major problems I've encountered thus far: replacing the timing belt (a must) and the radiator. It looks great, but the paint is a little lacking. My hood is showing its age, as little dots of paint are stripping off, but it's really not that noticeable. The paint is fading, however, and I think a new paint job would make it look (and feel) brand new. Not only is the car powerful and fast, it's fuel-efficient, and the hatchback has proven itself extremely worthy when moving!

Reliable Car and fun to drive
By bdooley23 on 10/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

Mine has 107k and only non scheduled work I've had to do was new brakes (front & rear) and minor repair to exhaust system. Great gas mileage and very fun to drive. clear coat isnt that great but hey after 9 years everything cant be great.

A Practical Sports Car
By Robert Sheridan on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I purchased my 1996 LS when my wife changed careers and needed our 1999 Civic coupe as a daily driver. Plus, we needed a car to haul around our 65- pound Siberian Husky. I never thought I'd own a car that was more fun to drive than my old '88 Prelude, but the Integra beats the Prelude hands-down. The Integra hugs the twisties like a Porsche, possesses a zippy high-revving engine (I routinely redline the tach), is virtually maintenance-free, and has tons of cargo room.

Black Bullet
By unreal0690 on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

This car has been an excellent replacement for my first car, a Honda Prelude. The ride isn't quite as firm as the Prelude, but it's much more firm than my friends' cars. It has been run really hard for 6 1/2 years now, and it's still going strong. The only abnormal maintenance has been replacing the radiator. This car is the best. I wouldn't trade it for the world!!!