Used 1996 Acura Integra LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

1996 Acura Integra

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

96 coupe, 1.8l automatic
By bassplayer62

1996 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

resurrected my '96 two years ago. it had been sitting for 2 years, the prior owner parked it when the engine light went on around smog test time. picked it up for $300. started it up, was not running too well, like on 2 cylinders. Got it home then pulled down the codes. misfire cyl 2 &3 and bad secondary O2 sensor. Replaced cap, rotaor, plugs and wires. Replaced O2 sensor. The car fired right up. 1st test drive was an awesome experience, great acceleration!!!. Passed smog with flying colors!!! only mechanical issue was the coil recently failed. Replace witha new one, and no problems since. This is a very fun car to drive!! I live in the mountains and this car corners like a dream.

Good handling
By integra owner

1996 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

25 mpg for a car that gets to 60 in 8.5 seconds isnít great. It is very reasonably priced though. For an msrp of $18,000 it is very sporty.

Favorite Features

Firm real anti-roll bar helps handling a lot.

Suggested Improvements

v6 or at least more power

It's my baby! 96 Integra LS
By Integra <3

1996 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I got this car as an intended project car and it's coming along great! Like stated, after 100k miles the car starts to show its wear. Ive bought an intake system, a full header back system and thats just the beginning. With some performance mods this car can haul! It is a tuner car and should be treated as such :) Outstanding car but should only be owned by tuners in my opinion.

Favorite Features

1.8L DOHC Bseries engine, body shape, torque, great suspension

Suggested Improvements

Suspension should be upgraded after 100k miles (watch your control arms, they tend to rust), exhaust system also, interior could take some cleaning and new fabric, new valve cover and gasket, timing belt, radiator

Love, love, love. Bought new in '96!
By Gayle

1996 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

This has been and continues to be a great car. I will probably keep many more years. Very reliable and so much fun to ride. The back is always reserved for my dog. The moon roof is wonderful and after almost 11 years I have finally installed a CD player. My original research paid off. Many have tried to buy from me and I tell them "no". No big major repairs, just keep well maintained. Highly recommend.

Favorite Features

Large storage room with back seats down. Seeing is believing what you can transport. Good car for a short person. Fuel efficiency with gas so expensive.

Suggested Improvements

Wish the interior wasn't black. There weren't any options for the exterior color I picked. Yes, cup holders are too close to radio but not a real big deal. Wish Acura would make a little convertible.

Reliable, fun to drive
By Chris

1996 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I bought my teg new in '96 and have driven it hard for most its 10 years. It's held up very well. It does OK in Denver snow and gets 31 mpg. As small 4 cylinders go, its pretty peppy. Repairs have included a timing belt, clutch, radiator, CV joints, distributor, and a bearing in the transmission.

Favorite Features

Sporty suspension, zippy engine, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

it is what it is, for that its perfect.