1996 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:
It's so hard to say goodbye...
By GS-R Lover on 10/26/09 13:29 PM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 1996 Acura Integra GSR (5 sp manual) used in the fall of 1998 right after I graduated from college. I was 22 years old and had just landed my first job in the real world. At the time, the purchase price of $18k nearly broke the bank, but I loved the car and wanted to make a long term investment. Well, it is now the fall of 2009, I am 33 years old, and I still have my GSR and I still look forward to driving it every time I get in! Unfortunately, the time has come for me to get a new car because it is now impractical to own a 2-door due to all of the trips I have to make with my young children. I have loved owning my GSR and I will miss it very, very much. This car will one day be a collectible.

12 Years of fun
By GSR Fan on 09/02/09 16:41 PM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

Recently sold my GSR. I put about 150K on it before selling. Never had any major issues, except regular maintenance items that need to be addressed in an older car; brakes, clutch, suspension etc. Very fun car to drive and I got about 28 mpg on average.

Sad to see it go
By SDSurfer on 04/27/09 14:46 PM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

This truly was a wonderful car to own and I will miss it. There's something special about popping it into 3rd to blast the revs and merge onto the freeway. After this vehicle I will always need a good amount of performance, I've been spoiled.

Awesome Reliability
By Kriss on 10/07/08 09:29 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

Excellent car. It is reliable, fun to drive. I have 150k on it and only had to perform minor maintenance - wheel bearing, AC motor, and cooling fan motor.

Terrific car
By Raven on 03/26/08 18:05 PM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I recently traded in my Integra for a 3.2 TL Type S, and while I love my TL, my memories of that wonderful Integra will always be with me. Great acceleration, amazing handling on curves and the ability to get in and out of traffic make that car a joy to drive. The styling is great and there's just something about what Acura does with engines that creates a powerful sound that makes you love what you're driving. Reliability? Acura has cornered the market on it. I have owned 2 Acuras - now on my third - and I will never purchase any other brand. Not a thing ever went wrong with my vehicle and I drove it harder than I ever should have.

Wonderful car
By Raven on 11/29/07 17:58 PM (PST)

1996 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I've owned my GS-R for 5 years (bought it used) and have loved driving it ever since. Who would have thought 4 cylinders could do what this car does. I have to get a larger car now due to family additions, but this car has set a standard for quality, reliability and performance that will have to be met by the next car I drive - which will be an Acura, thanks to this little marvel. Great handling, no problems, loves the road and you can count on this little machine. What else is there?

A great car
By gdub on 06/24/05 14:58 PM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

Loved this car, recently sold it to upgrade to an RSX type S. Handled great, shifted great, and you can't get that 8000 RPM scream anywhere else. Also had lots of cargo space. I know lots of people dislike the 4-headlike look, but I'm not one of them.

Still Going Strong
By ACIN on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

Just another satisfied owner. With plenty of acceleration for fun or slipping through traffic, the GS-R is a car for drivers. I bought mine new eight years ago and I'm still satisfied. Following the standard maintenance recommendation (more or less), I haven't had a single problem in my 100K+ miles.

It's Got It All
By CEEDUB on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

This car had everything I was looking for: low maintenance, reliable, sporty, nice handling, fast yet good on gas, nice-looking. Lots of upgrades available through aftermarket channels. My car has over 155,000 miles on it and it still rides almost like new. The only repair I've had was the clutch pressure plate cracked and chipped at 120k, so I needed a new clutch (replaced original). The rear wing could be repainted, too. The sun, rain and wind have worn down the paint on the corners. Other than that, I love the car. Only drawback is its high theft appeal.

1996 gsr
By jlow125 on 06/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

great car fast and very reliable