1996 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:
Wouldn't sell this car.
By wrongfire on 08/28/12 19:16 PM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra RS 2dr Hatchback

Performance - 3 This is the weakest aspect to me, of course this is just the RS, but it's slow. It handles great, I love taking corners with it. It's FWD, so if that's your thing then you will love it. Comfort - 4 The chair's are nice but not great, driving for more than an hour gets uncomfortable.. The cup holders are pretty small. Value - 5 This car has so much going for it, and the price is excellent. Fun- 4 Awesome car, but just slightly too slow, and spongy. Interior - 5 Mine is black and blue.. it's immaculate. Exterior - 5 The design is still excellent and eye catching. Build - 4 140k miles and still holding together very well. Reliability- 5 140k miles and nothing is wrong.

96 coupe, 1.8l automatic
By bassplayer62 on 08/18/11 03:35 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

resurrected my '96 two years ago. it had been sitting for 2 years, the prior owner parked it when the engine light went on around smog test time. picked it up for $300. started it up, was not running too well, like on 2 cylinders. Got it home then pulled down the codes. misfire cyl 2 &3 and bad secondary O2 sensor. Replaced cap, rotaor, plugs and wires. Replaced O2 sensor. The car fired right up. 1st test drive was an awesome experience, great acceleration!!!. Passed smog with flying colors!!! only mechanical issue was the coil recently failed. Replace witha new one, and no problems since. This is a very fun car to drive!! I live in the mountains and this car corners like a dream.

You Get Your Money's Worth w/this Car!!!
By DTMus on 12/21/09 18:54 PM (PST)

1996 Acura Integra LS 4dr Sedan

Bought this new. After 180K I can tell you that this car was made INCREDIBLY well!!! The stories you hear about Acura r true. Other than having to replace the radiator, I've done nothing vs. an occasional tune up and the 'usual' (change clutch at 140K, timing belt, brakes, etc.). Engine and transmission have worked flawlessly since day one and still very responsive and peppy. Only "gripe" is that parts of the paint have started to bubble up and show it's age, but heck, it IS 15 yrs old. If you're looking for a well-made car that will STILL serve you well- then look no further.

It's so hard to say goodbye...
By GS-R Lover on 10/26/09 13:29 PM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 1996 Acura Integra GSR (5 sp manual) used in the fall of 1998 right after I graduated from college. I was 22 years old and had just landed my first job in the real world. At the time, the purchase price of $18k nearly broke the bank, but I loved the car and wanted to make a long term investment. Well, it is now the fall of 2009, I am 33 years old, and I still have my GSR and I still look forward to driving it every time I get in! Unfortunately, the time has come for me to get a new car because it is now impractical to own a 2-door due to all of the trips I have to make with my young children. I have loved owning my GSR and I will miss it very, very much. This car will one day be a collectible.

12 Years of fun
By GSR Fan on 09/02/09 16:41 PM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

Recently sold my GSR. I put about 150K on it before selling. Never had any major issues, except regular maintenance items that need to be addressed in an older car; brakes, clutch, suspension etc. Very fun car to drive and I got about 28 mpg on average.

Good handling
By integra owner on 08/09/09 13:58 PM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

25 mpg for a car that gets to 60 in 8.5 seconds isn’t great. It is very reasonably priced though. For an msrp of $18,000 it is very sporty.

Sad to see it go
By SDSurfer on 04/27/09 14:46 PM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

This truly was a wonderful car to own and I will miss it. There's something special about popping it into 3rd to blast the revs and merge onto the freeway. After this vehicle I will always need a good amount of performance, I've been spoiled.

Fantastic car!
By beach_drive on 12/17/08 15:15 PM (PST)

1996 Acura Integra LS 4dr Sedan

This is a fantastic car! Purchased in 1996, I'm the original owner. Extremely reliable. No problems. The only thing I would change is larger cup holders and more interior storage for CDs, etc. Also, my headlights also (lately) seem to burn out quickly, have no reason why. Pros: Super fast, the trunk is very roomy and this car has back seats that fold down for extra storage. I plan to get a new car at some point, but I can't seem to part with it! I'm happy to spend my money on travel and continue to drive this fabulous Acura!

Awesome Reliability
By Kriss on 10/07/08 09:29 AM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

Excellent car. It is reliable, fun to drive. I have 150k on it and only had to perform minor maintenance - wheel bearing, AC motor, and cooling fan motor.

It's my baby! 96 Integra LS
By Integra <3 on 06/23/08 14:14 PM (PDT)

1996 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I got this car as an intended project car and it's coming along great! Like stated, after 100k miles the car starts to show its wear. Ive bought an intake system, a full header back system and thats just the beginning. With some performance mods this car can haul! It is a tuner car and should be treated as such :) Outstanding car but should only be owned by tuners in my opinion.