Used 1995 Acura Integra GS-R Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

Not reliable anymore
By JF

1995 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I bought the car with 48K miles on it, has 130k now. Acura/Honda reliability? My Integra didn't get that memo, unfortunately. Since I bought the car I have replaced the distributor, two wheel bearings, the radiator TWICE, water pump/timing belt TWICE, thermostat THREE times, the antenna, yes the antenna - TWICE, two brake jobs, along with belts/hoses/pulleys etc. It is an older car yes, but "it's a Honda", right? Shouldn't have this many problems. I can't go 2 months anymore without it breaking down. Overall I have enjoyed this car the past 9 years. But it has spoiled Honda's reliability reputation with me. If 9 out of 10 Hondas/Acuras are reliable, I got the one lemon.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, decent fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

I would say make it more reliable. But I hear Honda/Acura is actually a reliable car for most people. So I'm just unlucky I suppose.

Great Reliable Car
By nrthcrln709

1995 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

Great car, thats very reliable. You can rev it up to 7.5 all day everyday with no problem. Comfortable seats. Great handling, and plenty of power.

Favorite Features

Performance and reliability

Suggested Improvements

Nothing

Not bad for a car this old
By Cowboy Curtis

1995 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I went through a lot of things, mostly bad, with this car. I had to replace a lot of things on it, but I think most of the problems with it were because of previous missuse and such. I ended up selling it because it just wasn't comfortable enough. I think this was mostly because of the terrible leather seats. It's decently quick, though the lack of torque means you don't get much punch for just squirting through traffic or whatever. Sounds terrible even with an aftermarket intake (my Corolla sounds better). Fun to drive. I'll always remember cool autumn nights in 03, just driving around campus with the windows and moonroof open, listening to New Order and forgeting all of my problems.

Favorite Features

Excellent fuel mileage. Record 37 mpg. Great handling. Decent power. Ace shifter. Good looking.

Suggested Improvements

Leather seats are more like vinyl and completely uncomfortable. Engine is loud and annoying. Torque. Questionable transmission quality. Stock tires are trash. Some rattles. Milano red fades. Stock stereo is horrible (not that I expect a car this old to have a good stock system)

simply amazing
By Nicky

1995 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I bought my integra gsr on my 18th birthday. Ever since I bought my car, I have never regretted it. The engine on this car delivers plenty of power and the handling for the price is unbeatable. As for reliability, I have only had minor wear and tear issues such as a squeaky clutch and a blown out speaker. It has not given me any mechanical trouble at all. I plan to drive this car until I can't drive it anymore.

Favorite Features

1.8L b18c1 vtec engine sings at high rpms, cornering and handling is superb, very easy to drive (I never drove manual before this car), give it gas and regular maintenance and there is nothing more you need to do on the car, highly modifiable (many aftermarket parts), 6 cd changer

Suggested Improvements

Not exactly an improvement, but it is the top stolen car in America unfortunately. You have to watch where you park. Below 3k rpms the engine takes a while to accelerate (which is expected in a 4 banger), cup holders stink, make fabric fade resistant (my black interior is partially purple now).

Awesome Ride
By Naterbaseball

1995 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I love my GS-R. These cars are so fun to drive and reliable. You don't have to worry about anything as long as you do regular matenince. For the price you can't find anything better, with the DOHC V-tec engine it makes trips to the store exciting! I would recommend this car to anyone who has the desire to have a sports car at a reasonable price!

Favorite Features

My favorite thing about the car is the engine. 170 H.P. from a small car like this really gets it moving.