1995 Acura Integra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:
My 1995 Acura Integra has 323,000 original miles
By lollypopgramma on 12/05/11 07:33 AM (PST)

1995 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

I am the original owner and I just love my Integra. It has never needed any major repairs and outside of normal maintenance has all its original parts. I now own 4 cars but I cannot seem to part with my Acura. I intend to give it to my 16 year old granddaughter when she gets her license.

Great car.
By rpthorp on 01/10/11 14:21 PM (PST)

1995 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

I had a 95 LS until someone totaled while it was parked. This car was reliable, fuel efficient and fun. I would recommend a 1996 or newer to avoid pre-OBDII computer problems, and slightly more power (GSR) would be nice. But overall, this car was great. It had all the amenities- power everything. Once the seats were folded down, there was a surprising amount of cargo room- enough for bicycles.

1995 SE Acura Integra
By SS on 11/24/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Acura Integra Hatchback Special Edition 2dr Hatchback

I'm the original owner, and I love, love, love my car. I have 122,950 miles on it, and it's running as well as the first day. It's a stick shift, which I think is the best way to drive. I've always followed the maintenance requirements -and some extra maintenance considering it was stolen - twice! They wanted the leather seats and middle console. Even so, I was so happy to get it back somewhat intact. The last theft was 7 years ago (yes, I moved). I have never had any mechanical problems with this car. Well, that's not exactly true, my antenna has recently gotten stuck in the UP position. They say I need a new motor - $500! Anyway, still a happy owner...15+ years.

More praise for an old dog
By Adrienne Ola on 06/10/10 09:13 AM (PDT)

1995 Acura Integra Hatchback Special Edition 2dr Hatchback

I had to write a review after seeing all the great notes on this vehicle. It's true, this car is easily the most reliable car ever. I am hard on cars, forgetting oil changes, etc. but I'm at 200k miles and i don't think this car will ever stop running! Great reliability, but I must complain that the INTERIOR is very uncomfy. Small seats, the back is a scrunch, and if you are tall, forget about it! These cars don't get great A/C, and on long drives you'll get great gas, but you'll be suffering in the summertime, and it always a stiff ride as the suspension in sporty; this ride is definitely not Cadillac smooth. Paint also fades, but performance never has!

Integrity
By D Man on 04/09/10 01:25 AM (PDT)

1995 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

This is a follow up to a previous review. It's been about 2 years and 21,000 miles later and so far the only problems I've had is the ac compressor went out and the engine eats oil but not too bad. All the money I put into it is voluntarily as parts are cheap and easy to come by. Good investment for a quick, reliable car that looks good (type r clone) just don't put a stupid muffler on it.

Not reliable anymore
By JF on 09/01/09 16:40 PM (PDT)

1995 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I bought the car with 48K miles on it, has 130k now. Acura/Honda reliability? My Integra didn't get that memo, unfortunately. Since I bought the car I have replaced the distributor, two wheel bearings, the radiator TWICE, water pump/timing belt TWICE, thermostat THREE times, the antenna, yes the antenna - TWICE, two brake jobs, along with belts/hoses/pulleys etc. It is an older car yes, but "it's a Honda", right? Shouldn't have this many problems. I can't go 2 months anymore without it breaking down. Overall I have enjoyed this car the past 9 years. But it has spoiled Honda's reliability reputation with me. If 9 out of 10 Hondas/Acuras are reliable, I got the one lemon.

No pain if maintained
By MG on 08/05/09 12:04 PM (PDT)

1995 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

I have owned this car for 6 years, and have put on 31k miles. It is now at 116k miles. Only this year did I start having to replace certain engine components, including a center pipe, muffler, tail pipe, timing belt, water pump, starter, front axles, and the other belts. I was extremely lucky because the timing belt snapped on me while I was in idle/neutral at a light. Luckily, there was no valve damage. The car is ultra reliable, always starting on the very first key turn whether in Wisconsin blizzard or Tennessee heat wave.

Car Stolen and Stripped
By PK on 05/11/09 23:59 PM (PDT)

1995 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

I'm the original owner and the car was wonderful with only 96k miles. It was stolen and stripped a couple of weeks ago. We are so bummed; the car was worth so much more to us than insurance will ever pay. I was hoping to get 280,000 miles like the other poster. BEWARE that these cars are easy to steal. I was told this a million times after it was stolen; never heard about it before. What a shame. Loved the car-it was a blast to drive.

Welcome to Reliability City
By Kurt in Sacramento on 01/17/09 09:01 AM (PST)

1995 Acura Integra Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

This is my second Integra. I bought this one one year ago with 90K miles. Now it has 110K miles and no problems. I had the A/C recharged and that's it. If you want a car that will keep you out of the mechanic's shop, this is it. All it needs is an oil change every 3 or 4 thousand miles. If you can find one with lower mileage (ideally) that has not been modified by a youngster or whoever, don't think about it, just buy it! You will be glad you did. Keep in mind 2001 is the last year for the Integra. Suggestion; if the car has around 100K miles, make sure the timing belt has been changed or change it yourself for peace-of-mind any more years of service.

Still Going Strong
By roadrunner1995 on 12/18/08 13:45 PM (PST)

1995 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

As the original owner, I just love my Integra. I have had multiple offers from young people I do not know approaching me about selling the car. It has over 280,000 original miles and has never had anything but maintenance work done on it. I just learned that the transmission is starting to go, so an investment of $2K will be well worth it to replace the trans. My 7 year old grandson calls it "Grandma's Hotrod". He loves cars and I told him it is his when he is 16 if he continues to do well in school. This car is staying in the family for sure.