1995 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:
Not reliable anymore
By JF on 09/01/09 16:40 PM (PDT)

1995 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I bought the car with 48K miles on it, has 130k now. Acura/Honda reliability? My Integra didn't get that memo, unfortunately. Since I bought the car I have replaced the distributor, two wheel bearings, the radiator TWICE, water pump/timing belt TWICE, thermostat THREE times, the antenna, yes the antenna - TWICE, two brake jobs, along with belts/hoses/pulleys etc. It is an older car yes, but "it's a Honda", right? Shouldn't have this many problems. I can't go 2 months anymore without it breaking down. Overall I have enjoyed this car the past 9 years. But it has spoiled Honda's reliability reputation with me. If 9 out of 10 Hondas/Acuras are reliable, I got the one lemon.

Great Reliable Car
By nrthcrln709 on 07/18/06 17:05 PM (PDT)

1995 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

Great car, thats very reliable. You can rev it up to 7.5 all day everyday with no problem. Comfortable seats. Great handling, and plenty of power.

Not bad for a car this old
By Cowboy Curtis on 02/10/06 05:09 AM (PST)

1995 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I went through a lot of things, mostly bad, with this car. I had to replace a lot of things on it, but I think most of the problems with it were because of previous missuse and such. I ended up selling it because it just wasn't comfortable enough. I think this was mostly because of the terrible leather seats. It's decently quick, though the lack of torque means you don't get much punch for just squirting through traffic or whatever. Sounds terrible even with an aftermarket intake (my Corolla sounds better). Fun to drive. I'll always remember cool autumn nights in 03, just driving around campus with the windows and moonroof open, listening to New Order and forgeting all of my problems.

simply amazing
By Nicky on 07/21/05 01:36 AM (PDT)

1995 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I bought my integra gsr on my 18th birthday. Ever since I bought my car, I have never regretted it. The engine on this car delivers plenty of power and the handling for the price is unbeatable. As for reliability, I have only had minor wear and tear issues such as a squeaky clutch and a blown out speaker. It has not given me any mechanical trouble at all. I plan to drive this car until I can't drive it anymore.

Awesome Ride
By Naterbaseball on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I love my GS-R. These cars are so fun to drive and reliable. You don't have to worry about anything as long as you do regular matenince. For the price you can't find anything better, with the DOHC V-tec engine it makes trips to the store exciting! I would recommend this car to anyone who has the desire to have a sports car at a reasonable price!

i love this car
By chris leiper on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

this is the best car ive ever owned

still going
By dcdcoc on 05/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I have had this car for over three years and I have driven the daylights out of it. It keeps coming back for more. With just basic maintainence and a timing belt change, it still purrs like new. Absolutely bulletproof in reliablilty! I wish my Mustangs were as hardy as this...

nice car, i love hondas
By enzo ferrari on 09/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

Givin' this car is a Civic underneath and the suspension creeks when I get in and out of the car, it is fun to drive. I put Pirelli's on it and the handling improved immensely. Who cannot love a 8000+ redline. I also have a2002 Gti VW, and while the VW is quicker off the line, but the GSR will crush it in top speed. AS far as style, I don't especially like the rear of the car, but I like the side view and think the front is styled after the NSX. How good is that. I reccommend this car especially to someone who wants a five speed and loves to shift. You need to work the gearbox.

logansgsr
By Logan Haden on 09/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

i just bought the vehicle and am so happy to have it.i love driving it it is so much fun. quick and has a strong engine. i know acura's are reliable from other peoples opinion. ive wanted one since i was 16 now im almost 20 and own it without payments. great car

GS-R has made a GREAT winter car
By jcorbat on 05/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I have owned this car for nearly 4 years and still love to bang against the 8000 RPM redline while merging on the freeway. You have to drive it like you're angry to get any serious acceleration, but if you keep the tach above 5k it will really move. Drop to 3k and you're dead in the water. The fit & finish is superb as would be expected from Honda. I have had no real mechanical issues with the car and it still uses very little oil between changes even at nearly 110k miles. I did change the timing belt at 70k and brake rotors at about 80k, but based on seeing GM rotors go at 30k...that's not bad.