Used 1994 Acura Integra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

1994 Acura Integra

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

An Incredible Car - It Simply Keeps Going
By TegMan

1994 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I now have over 360k miles on my 94 GS-R and this thing still flies! Never have had any engine work done on it, only typical repairs including brakes, tires, belts, and hoses. Did replace the radiator once, but, it was a simple job costing less than $90. I change the oil about once every 12k miles and it still has no issues. What a car. Fast, fuel efficient, and a blast to drive. I upsized the tires to 205/55r-15 and it makes a positive difference. There is something special about the 94 GS-R engine (many call it the one year wonder engine). Not sure what it is, but, it definitely has more hp than subsequent years (even though the specs don't support it). Get one if you can!!

Favorite Features

Fabulous engine, great handling, MPG, love the engine sound, utility of the hatchback, 5-spd trans (6-spd trans are a nuisance).

Suggested Improvements

Bring it back, Acura! The RSX is nice, but it's not a GS-R.

420,000 miles and Still a Beast!
By AcuRate

1994 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I've had this car now for 12 years and 420,000 miles later and can safely say it's been a rock. Other than routine maintenance and replacing a clutch one time (@ 270,000 mi), it just keeps running and the performance is the same as the day I got it. I one upped the tire size to 205/55r-15s (looks and rides better and you get far better tread-life (I get an avg of 60k miles on ea set).

Favorite Features

Utility of the hatch, 30+ mpg, performance, handling, low cost of maintenance.

Suggested Improvements

Placement of oil filter on the Honda/Acura 4 cyl. engines makes it somewhat of a pain to change the oil (but, doable).

The Best Car Made!!
By CHad

1994 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I just got my 94 Integra GS-R and I love it, everything about it, the power the handling and it's just an all around great car. The overall gas mileage is excellent for a car with so much power, the gas mileage is great!!

Favorite Features

Leather seats, moonroof, 1.8 L v-tech, the extra 1000 RPMs

1994 Integra
By Chopper

1994 Acura Integra LS 4dr Sedan

Very reliable. Mine had almost 265,000 miles on it with the original clutch.

Favorite Features

Stick shift, ABS (rare for a 1994 model), round headlights.

Suggested Improvements

CD player.

Get it with a stick shift for fun times
By Hotrod

1994 Acura Integra LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car a year ago mainly cause I wanted to learn how to drive a stick shift car. I'm the 3rd owner, it has over 120k miles on it and it is by far the most fun to drive car I've ever had. This is a great car to learn how to handle a stick and clutch. One thing I'd like to share with everyone is that when I first got it the gas mileage was lousy. So just for kicks I added some fuel injector cleaner to the gas tank and changed the air filter. That turned out to be just what the doctor ordered cause I noticed a huge increase in power and mileage went up nearly 50%. So if you sense a loss of performance in your vehicle now you know what to do first. Pass it on.

Favorite Features

It's a lightweight nimble sedan. It's got all the power you need for a car that only weighs 2700 lbs. The clutch and shifter work perfectly with the transmission. This car feels slow if you have an automatic. Get the stick shift to grin every time you drive it. It has great handling and steering.

Suggested Improvements

As previously stated the power in this vehicle is nice but a little more would be nicer. I guess that's why turbos are so popular with this car.