1994 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:
The test of time
By Brian on 11/20/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

bought this car with 66K miles on it; it was owned by a family member who took care of it. I have taken care of it and have driven it hard many many time; i have strapped kayaks on top (three); and have trailered as many as 10...people laugh at me when i show up with this car laden with boats...but it has stood-up. This sets the bar for reliability for all other cars. With 147K miles on it, i have bought another car for replacement...but think i will hang on to it yet for the sheer fun of driving it. They just dont make them like this anymore

Priceless
By CM221975 on 12/21/07 08:47 AM (PST)

1994 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I purchased this car for $2000 dollars here in southern california and what a steal it was. I love this car, it's powerful, fun, great ride, I feel like i'm 18 again. This is by far one of the best two cars i've ever had (my other car being a 94 honda civic ex). The v-tec is amazing and very responsive even after the 170k miles it has on it.

I love this car!
By Jackson on 05/06/07 12:34 PM (PDT)

1994 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

Absolutely wonderful car! I got mine with 112k miles on it and it feels like it's just gotten broken in. It's a blast to drive with the 5 spd and the 8k rpm redline. The only complaints would be the cupholders and the radio antenna. The gears got stripped or something and it makes a grinding kind of noise. The Integra is an amazing car and if you can find one unmolested like I did, you'll be in for many years of pure driving pleasure!

An Incredible Car - It Simply Keeps Going
By TegMan on 01/24/07 19:51 PM (PST)

1994 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I now have over 360k miles on my 94 GS-R and this thing still flies! Never have had any engine work done on it, only typical repairs including brakes, tires, belts, and hoses. Did replace the radiator once, but, it was a simple job costing less than $90. I change the oil about once every 12k miles and it still has no issues. What a car. Fast, fuel efficient, and a blast to drive. I upsized the tires to 205/55r-15 and it makes a positive difference. There is something special about the 94 GS-R engine (many call it the one year wonder engine). Not sure what it is, but, it definitely has more hp than subsequent years (even though the specs don't support it). Get one if you can!!

420,000 miles and Still a Beast!
By AcuRate on 01/06/07 17:33 PM (PST)

1994 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I've had this car now for 12 years and 420,000 miles later and can safely say it's been a rock. Other than routine maintenance and replacing a clutch one time (@ 270,000 mi), it just keeps running and the performance is the same as the day I got it. I one upped the tire size to 205/55r-15s (looks and rides better and you get far better tread-life (I get an avg of 60k miles on ea set).

The Best Car Made!!
By CHad on 01/03/07 06:52 AM (PST)

1994 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I just got my 94 Integra GS-R and I love it, everything about it, the power the handling and it's just an all around great car. The overall gas mileage is excellent for a car with so much power, the gas mileage is great!!

None better than the Integra
By SPEEDY on 03/11/05 14:42 PM (PST)

1994 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

The best car I've ever owned. 30 mpg average on the highway 24 avg on the road.(and thats 2000 ft above sea level. It would be 2 mpg better at sea level.) Great utility with the hatchback. I can haul almost anything. 0-60 in high 6's quarter mile low 15's. Add intake, header, and exhaust it drops to 14.9 quarter with good driving skill -at SEA LEVEL. 15.4 at 2000 ft. No car has better value and performance for the money. Reliability.... this car will do over 300,000 miles. radiator leak at 60 k, timing belt water pump at 110,000 plus. Timing belt usually fine, but keep eye on water pump. I own a 2004 acura TL now and a truck. Have to part with her, but will alway have great mem.

Great used car
By cgh20 on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car a year ago looking for a nice, reliable, yet sporty car. I found a gem! This car is quick, handles great, and still gets nearly 30mpg on the highway! I haven't had any mechanical problems with it and being an Acura/Honda, it should last me another 150,000 miles or so! I recommend this car to anyone.

A True Classic
By TimJD on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I bought my second GSR after my first one got totalled, which goes a long way in showing how much of a fan I am of these cars. These cars are the ULTIMATE college car. Fairly fast, go- cart handling, great gas mileage, reliable, and that warm fuzzy feeling it gives you when you rev the engine past 6000. For the time, this car was a technological marvel, a four cylinder that had equaled V6's in power; in the present day, it still does not fail to impress, thank you for the memories Honda!

The best coupe in its class
By Sman on 01/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car used with 92k miles, but the car run great. Replaced the clutch at 100k, other then that the car was really reliable, fast, and fun to drive! But the thieves love them too and mine got stolen. I would love to own another one!