Used 1993 Acura Integra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

1993 Acura Integra

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

402,000 miles on original engine
By floridadon1

1993 Acura Integra RS 2dr Hatchback

I traded the first new car I'd ever bought (a Chevy) about 18 months after purchasing it for this car in 1996, hoping it would last about four years until my new business was off the ground and I could afford "something better." It had 34,000 miles on it then. It's 2011, I own 18 cars, and still drive this one plenty. It's only let me down once (coil gave out), and still gets 35 mpg on the road when I can get gas with no ethanol in it. I've used synthetic oil and done my own oil changes (Castrol at first, now Amsoil), and the original engine now stands at 402,000 miles, and has never been worked on. And I drive it HARD.

Favorite Features

Reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Seats could be more comfortable; air conditioning seems to break every 2-3 years.

not for babies with carseats and stuff!
By Chrissie

1993 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

i got this car right before i had my baby girl...thought a good gas-mileage hatchback was a smart buy to help with saving money while getting around...i read a post about the head- gasket...well...same here...the baby's rear-facing infant seat barely fits in the back...no cupholders...now im looking to sell the car and get a different one...:(

Favorite Features

i like the body style and color...the sunroof is a nice option...nice sized trunk...decent gas mileage

93 acura gs-r
By dohc vtec

1993 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

this car runs like power of dream.fast and quick.one of the rarest acura on the streets and collector.

Favorite Features

9rpm and 82rpm redline

Suggested Improvements

i would say this car has all the potential to go fast.it don't get better then this one..imo

93 acura gs-r
By frosty

1993 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

best car i'd ever owned.fast quick lil car.if youy maintain it good wont have'nt a problem.i put about 200k sometihing miles and still runs like champ...is my project and it a rare claasic legnd integra.

Best car I've ever owned
By SEP

1993 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Integra in '96 with 40,000 miles on it and have added 120,000 to it since. Outstanding car, always reliable. Looks great, drives great. I only had to have it towed once, and that was because of a mistake the repair shop made that morning (an a/c belt was installed improperly). It hasn't been without it's problems, but nothing unusual for the age of the car. I can jump in it and take a road trip without thinking twice. I'd buy another one in a minute.

Favorite Features

Styling (still looks great), handling, visibility (no blind spots!), and of course reliability. Seats are comfy but not luxurious (it's a small car). For normal street driving I use Michelins, and the last set lasted 60,000 miles, in AZ no less! In no small part due to the Integra suspension.

Suggested Improvements

Like others have said, cupholders. The two dimples on the lowered glove box lid just don't cut it. So I usually wedge my water bottle between the seat and e-brake, and it works fine. Could use a tad more HP in the non-VTEC model. Otherwise, the car is golden.