Used 1992 Acura Integra GS Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Acura Integra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

1992 Acura Integra Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

Definition of reliable
By Kane

1992 Acura Integra Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

Bought this car used with 260,000 km's on it, drove it for 2 years and all I had to do was change the oil and put gas in it. Amazingly reliable car. This thing will run forEVER. Handles great, got 27-32 mpg no matter how hard I drove it. A/C stopped working but that was no big deal.

Honda engine

Well, its a 1992 car so don't expect a ton of creature comforts.

Love this car
By Craig

1992 Acura Integra Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

I've owned this car for over 5 years and 100,000 miles. It's got over 180,000 miles on it now and still runs great. It's fun to drive, has good power, handles great, and is extremely reliable and efficient. It's nice to get 30 MPG while still having enough power to be fun. I've never had to do any major repairs. I'd recommend this car to anybody.

Zippy motor, tight handling, reliable, efficient, tons of aftermarket parts available for whatever upgrades you'd want to do.

Nothing major, just a few minor complaints: cupholders! Sometimes seems like excessive roadnoise, automatic seatbelts stink, tranny grinds going into third gear sometimes.

Nice job Acura
By Jon

1992 Acura Integra Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

My Acura went from my father to my brother then me and it still runs strong. My 2nd generation Integra has 275k with out problems. However I do think that the years are starting to catch up to it. But it is one of the most reliable cars I have ever seen.

Very fun to drive. Handles like a gocart. Excellent view through all the windows. Nice styling.

Cup holders! Just a bit more power would be nice to have

Integrity is a good description.
By xavierb

1992 Acura Integra Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

Honda proves its reliability again. My last car was a 1984 Civic which I ran for approx. 20 yrs. before the timing belt broke and required major motor repair. Thought this would be a good upgrade. More than satisfied.

Sporty, yet higher end, and understated.

Driver seats could've used a height adjustment(this model has just about everything else!). Rear seat access is a little below par.

Best Car Ever - Bang for Buck
By GeorgeinMD

This is my 2nd 1992 GS Hatchback. The
1st. one lasted 200K, with no problems
at all. I sold it to a friend who is
still driving it today, with 265K+
miles on it. My new one one has only
46K on the clock, and has many, many
years ahead. These cars are stylish
tanks that keep going & going. They
only need routine maint., never any
expensive repairs. ACURA outdid
themselves with this one. Parents,
this is the best used car value for
your kids just starting to drive. By
far, the best overall car I've ever
owned. I've owned Nissans, M-Benz,
Ford, Toyotas, etc....and none of them
compare to this car dollar for dollar
value.

Excelent reliability, gas mileage, handling & design. Smooth transmission & clutch. Super Low Maint. This is also my favorite body style of the Integra. My 92 GS still gets 32-34mpg on the highway...very useful with gas prices these days. This car cost almost nothing to run. Excellence!

The only flaw is lack of Cup Holders. Could possibly use a little bit of extra Horsepower, but it is still certainly a quite capable car.