1992 Acura Integra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:
Definition of reliable
By Kane on 12/08/09 13:32 PM (PST)

1992 Acura Integra Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

Bought this car used with 260,000 km's on it, drove it for 2 years and all I had to do was change the oil and put gas in it. Amazingly reliable car. This thing will run forEVER. Handles great, got 27-32 mpg no matter how hard I drove it. A/C stopped working but that was no big deal.

Love this car
By Craig on 05/20/07 18:18 PM (PDT)

1992 Acura Integra Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

I've owned this car for over 5 years and 100,000 miles. It's got over 180,000 miles on it now and still runs great. It's fun to drive, has good power, handles great, and is extremely reliable and efficient. It's nice to get 30 MPG while still having enough power to be fun. I've never had to do any major repairs. I'd recommend this car to anybody.

Nice job Acura
By Jon on 02/21/07 18:50 PM (PST)

1992 Acura Integra Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

My Acura went from my father to my brother then me and it still runs strong. My 2nd generation Integra has 275k with out problems. However I do think that the years are starting to catch up to it. But it is one of the most reliable cars I have ever seen.

Integrity is a good description.
By xavierb on 01/26/06 23:16 PM (PST)

1992 Acura Integra Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

Honda proves its reliability again. My last car was a 1984 Civic which I ran for approx. 20 yrs. before the timing belt broke and required major motor repair. Thought this would be a good upgrade. More than satisfied.

Best Car Ever - Bang for Buck
By GeorgeinMD on 10/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Acura Integra Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

This is my 2nd 1992 GS Hatchback. The 1st. one lasted 200K, with no problems at all. I sold it to a friend who is still driving it today, with 265K+ miles on it. My new one one has only 46K on the clock, and has many, many years ahead. These cars are stylish tanks that keep going & going. They only need routine maint., never any expensive repairs. ACURA outdid themselves with this one. Parents, this is the best used car value for your kids just starting to drive. By far, the best overall car I've ever owned. I've owned Nissans, M-Benz, Ford, Toyotas, etc....and none of them compare to this car dollar for dollar value.

nice ride
By migue on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Acura Integra Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

very spacious for a coupe,very fast and excelent stability, also nice interior and very easy to drive.

Great Car
By micba on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Acura Integra Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

My first car and still going strong after 11 years. From the drivers position the interior layout is good, with a better driving view than the 3rd generation Integra. Handling is great and fun to drive around. Just can't say enough on how reliable this car is, no major repairs, just the normal wear and tear (brakes, timing belt). This car will last me another 10 years or more till my next Acura.

Most inexpensive car ever
By ccccc on 04/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Acura Integra Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

This is, by far, the cheapest car I've ever owned. Aside from routine maintainence, only have needed brakes / battery / exhaust. Not bad for a 11 year old car! Still runs great!!!

Great Value
By Armitage on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Acura Integra Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

I did a lot of research trying to find a fun, reliable car for under $5,000. I was able to find it in my Integra. I bought the GS model which has all the power accessories but does not have the vtec engine. The 1.8 liter engine in it though, has plenty of zip and has been really reliable. There are plenty of after market components you can buy to make it faster or look better and its really not that much differenet than a Honda Civic if you do your own auto repair. I found this car to be a much better value of comparable models like the Nissan 240 or Toyota Celica.

300000 and still going strong.
By Bandman on 11/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Acura Integra Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

My black GS was the first new car and quite posssibly the best car I will have ever owned. I drove this car in the heat of Texas summers and I drove it very hard. I put over 300,000 miles on it before I traded it in for a CL, should have kept the Integra. The only things I ever had to change, other than oil, was my timing belt at 115,000 and 215,000( original equip always) and a couple of clutches ( my first standard too) and finally the radiator and fans. Now if you ask any mechanic they will tell you that IS a very ipressive record. I recommend this car to anyone who likes reliablity and to drive.