Used 1992 Acura Integra LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

Poor Person's Sport Car
By Clark

1992 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I have owned Fords, Pontiacs, Peugeot and a few others yet, no car has ever performed as well as my Acura Integra - it has good pickup, so please do not stomp it, it will deliver, do not slam on the brakes, if you do do not worry anti lock system makes you feel great. Gas: 34/43 mile a gallon without tune up.

Favorite Features

Sun roof, trunk space, engine.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder. I have had the distributor replaced twice at 300 a whop.

Still Love my 'Teg
By TVS

1992 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 'Teg used with 115k miles; I've added 40k since then. The car has been solid with minimal repairs. My dad was speculative at first, but he has been won over by its excellent reliability. I still enjoy driving this fun car every day. Although I usually drive rather conservatively, I appreciate the performance this car can offer. It's great when I need it (or just want it). :) The looks are classic, too, in a way that the car still looks sharp at 15 years. I love to wash and wax it by hand. The 'Teg is like a friend to me, and I hope it'll keep running strong for many more years.

Favorite Features

Styling that transcends time. Perfect suspension for my taste: stiff enough for decent cornering yet soft enough for highway comfort. Strong acceleration when it's needed. Excellent visibility all around. Hatchback and folding rear seats are very convenient. Moon roof is great.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders. Fog lights mounted lower to minimize reflection in fog (and not look like high beams to oncoming drivers). Just a tad more acoustic insulation in the rear. An oil filter that's positioned so I don't burn my arm on the exhaust. :) Better clear coat finish that doesn't bubble and peel.

Fun Car
By DA9

1992 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

This was my second car, my first Acura. The build quality is great on the car. I bought it from a dealership with only 55,000 miles in 2004. Great reliability as long as you keep up with regular maintenence schedule. Unfortunately mine wasn't so I am playing catch up; although it has never left me stranded. Lots of mods available and classic Honda looks.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive engine and go-kart like handling, Honda reliability, fuel economy, dash layout.

Suggested Improvements

More torque, CUP HOLDERS!, hatch rattle, throttle cable, auto seat belts.

Great Car
By JorgNic

1992 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

This was my first Acura and it has been nothing but a wonderful car. It has a very quick 1.8 liter motor. And with minor performance upgrades will striaght up haul.

Favorite Features

Quick motor, gas milage 33+mpg. Handling is very quick and reponsive.

Suggested Improvements

Needs cup holders and stronger engine mounts.

Best Thing I've Ever Purchased
By Lymehouse

1992 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I love my car. It has 179K miles and I have done very little maintenance, other than oil changes. It has been very reliable. I still love the styling and it still hums down the highway as though it will go on forever. Still gets about 33 MPG on the highway, yet has the "get up and go" for when I need it. Takes corners like a dream.

Favorite Features

Body styling and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Real cup holders would have been nice. An optional middle arm rest included 1 cup holder and one was also available which snapped into the ashtray slot, but is not very deep or sturdy.