1992 Acura Integra GS-R Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

1992 Integra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

Sort Reviews by

Bulletproof Beuty
By maxzando

1992 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

My Integra GS-R is a rare Aztec Green 1992 model. It is absolutely bulletproof. Aside from regular maintenance and tires, it has never needed extra service. It is a joy to drive, especially past gas stations. I get almost 27 mpg. It carves up curves as well as the day it came home from the dealer. And you can't adequately put into words the sheer joy from seeing young men pressing their faces against the windows of passing cars to get a longer look at a true dream car. People stop me almost weekly, intently asking, "Do you want to sell?" Well, maybe, if the price is really right. See, I know what I have in my garage and I think I'll keep it.

Favorite Features

Simplicity and efficiency of design. Easy shifting, quick acceleration, minimal controls to worry about, great visibility, the sunroof, and more and more.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders.

Fill'er up and GO !!!!
By MadRacer

1992 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I've had this vehicle now since Dec. 1992 and no problems whatsoever. 225K and still on original engine and transmission. Even radiator is OEM. Only thing needed to change was pass. window motor, clutch at 175K, muffler at 190K. I lose about 1/2 qt. of oil per 4000K oil change. Have used synthetic since new.

Favorite Features

Zippy engine, short throw transmission, still nice styling, hatchback, 30 mpg

Suggested Improvements

Radio was placed too low, more sound isolation, a 6th gear (70 mph at 3900 rpm just too much) would improve sound and mpg.

Integra GS-R
By DJ Counteract

1992 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I love this car. I've owned many Hondas and Acuras in the past, and this is by far the best.

Favorite Features

B17A 1.7 DOHC VTEC motor is very fast and easily upgraded.

Suggested Improvements

Cold air intake, header, racing clutch, lightweight flywheel, VAFC vtec controller.

1992 Integra GS-R
By johnsonm

1992 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

Bought new, and haven't found anything that can replace it yet. Fun to drive, excellent reliability, still stylish looks.

Favorite Features

VTEC

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders would be nice, auto seat belts can annoy.

Outstanding car
By B17Vortech

1992 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

This car has better performance than most cars currently competing in it's market and it was manufactured in 92. Some very cheap upgrades and you have a car that better than anything in it's market, even 10 years later.

Favorite Features

Comfortable well built and well thought out vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

There should be almost no difference from the JDM HO model and the american model. Instead Acura uses their own parts instead of aftermarket parts (like JDM cars)

Its a GS-R Man
By Kavan

1992 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

So far, I've enjoyed driving and having my GS-R. Its got minor problems from the previous owner but I'm working on getting it cleaned up and in perfect running order. I like the way the car feels when I down shift and the RPM jumps up to 5g's or 6g's. And I can feel the torque of the engine when its being pushed a bit. I pretty much use it like a daily drive but I take it to the track every so often to race. The handling could use a bit of improvement but I'm working on doing that myself.

Favorite Features

I like the white back light when the dash light is on, and the styling of the exterior.

Suggested Improvements

Better handling is the only improvement it needs.

1992 Integra GS-R
By kompressedsilver

1992 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

Definitely one of the most fun cars to drive!!! Performance is fantastic due to the light weight and 8000 rpm redline! Reliability is fantastic. I've brought in my 2000 Mercedes more often for warranty work than this car. I even try to use this car as much as possible for my daily driver - only if I could take clients out in it (non- existent back seat). Great car!

Favorite Features

VTEC engine w/8000 rpm redline Excellent handling Light weight

Suggested Improvements

Rear-wheel drive

Approaching perfection...
By nurbles

1992 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

The most solidly reliable car I've ever owned, my GS-R has always made me happy. Even though I'm 6'4" and my head tends to rub the roof, I've not seen anything that makes me want to give her up! After ten years (mostly in Florida), the OEM speakers had rotted away, the power antenna died and the moonroof rattles a bit, but she's otherwise a perfect speciman. A new stereo (I wanted anyway), a wash and wax -- like new! The biggest drawback is that the large amount of glass makes the car a greehouse, that can mean temps in the 150F range at the end of the workday here (I've measured). But the AC is powerful enough to cool it down quickly.

Favorite Features

Power, performance and handling. The 194hp engine makes it a breeze to merge and pass on the highway. Small size makes it feel almost like I'm wearing the car.

Suggested Improvements

Separate on/off for defrost, console and floor vents. Outer console vents switchable from AC/heat to outside air. Cupholders are always nice.

GS-R (Great Sport-Ride)
By Angell Reyna

1992 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

This vechile is great. I'm the original owner and all this car has given me is fun. There are not many Gs- R's around anymore, but those who own one will surely love it. With the B17A1 1.7 block, this puppy pushes around 160-170 stock! No major changes have occured, basic maintence and the car still runs really great, and it looks really good too. I can redline with no breeze and the car still feels like it's pushing.

Favorite Features

The five-speed transmission is the best i've ever felt, really confident fast shifts. The handling and sporty looks are a must. The Engine is great, and still is one of the greatest.

Suggested Improvements

No cup holders and the automatic seat belts really suck. After a while the windows do not mesh with the rubber, due to its frame-less window design. The car after all is still great.