Used 1992 Acura Integra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

1992 Acura Integra

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

Definition of reliable
By Kane

1992 Acura Integra GS 2dr Hatchback

Bought this car used with 260,000 km's on it, drove it for 2 years and all I had to do was change the oil and put gas in it. Amazingly reliable car. This thing will run forEVER. Handles great, got 27-32 mpg no matter how hard I drove it. A/C stopped working but that was no big deal.

Favorite Features

Honda engine

Suggested Improvements

Well, its a 1992 car so don't expect a ton of creature comforts.

Bulletproof Beuty
By maxzando

1992 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

My Integra GS-R is a rare Aztec Green 1992 model. It is absolutely bulletproof. Aside from regular maintenance and tires, it has never needed extra service. It is a joy to drive, especially past gas stations. I get almost 27 mpg. It carves up curves as well as the day it came home from the dealer. And you can't adequately put into words the sheer joy from seeing young men pressing their faces against the windows of passing cars to get a longer look at a true dream car. People stop me almost weekly, intently asking, "Do you want to sell?" Well, maybe, if the price is really right. See, I know what I have in my garage and I think I'll keep it.

Favorite Features

Simplicity and efficiency of design. Easy shifting, quick acceleration, minimal controls to worry about, great visibility, the sunroof, and more and more.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders.

Poor Person's Sport Car
By Clark

1992 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I have owned Fords, Pontiacs, Peugeot and a few others yet, no car has ever performed as well as my Acura Integra - it has good pickup, so please do not stomp it, it will deliver, do not slam on the brakes, if you do do not worry anti lock system makes you feel great. Gas: 34/43 mile a gallon without tune up.

Favorite Features

Sun roof, trunk space, engine.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder. I have had the distributor replaced twice at 300 a whop.

Fill'er up and GO !!!!
By MadRacer

1992 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I've had this vehicle now since Dec. 1992 and no problems whatsoever. 225K and still on original engine and transmission. Even radiator is OEM. Only thing needed to change was pass. window motor, clutch at 175K, muffler at 190K. I lose about 1/2 qt. of oil per 4000K oil change. Have used synthetic since new.

Favorite Features

Zippy engine, short throw transmission, still nice styling, hatchback, 30 mpg

Suggested Improvements

Radio was placed too low, more sound isolation, a 6th gear (70 mph at 3900 rpm just too much) would improve sound and mpg.

Still Love my 'Teg
By TVS

1992 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 'Teg used with 115k miles; I've added 40k since then. The car has been solid with minimal repairs. My dad was speculative at first, but he has been won over by its excellent reliability. I still enjoy driving this fun car every day. Although I usually drive rather conservatively, I appreciate the performance this car can offer. It's great when I need it (or just want it). :) The looks are classic, too, in a way that the car still looks sharp at 15 years. I love to wash and wax it by hand. The 'Teg is like a friend to me, and I hope it'll keep running strong for many more years.

Favorite Features

Styling that transcends time. Perfect suspension for my taste: stiff enough for decent cornering yet soft enough for highway comfort. Strong acceleration when it's needed. Excellent visibility all around. Hatchback and folding rear seats are very convenient. Moon roof is great.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders. Fog lights mounted lower to minimize reflection in fog (and not look like high beams to oncoming drivers). Just a tad more acoustic insulation in the rear. An oil filter that's positioned so I don't burn my arm on the exhaust. :) Better clear coat finish that doesn't bubble and peel.