1991 Acura Integra Consumer Review: Still going strong after all t

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback - Consumer Review

Still going strong after all these years
By C. Michael on

1991 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

This is the first and only car I have ever owned and it still runs great, even after 13 years and 246,300 miles... on the original engine and transmission! It keeps going and going and going. Routine maintenance is a snap, parts are easy to find and cheap, and gas mileage is still great (about 25 to 30 mpg city & 30 to 35 mpg highway). With routine maintenance, this car still runs like the day I bought it. Handling is fantastic... this car will turn on a dime and get you out of some sticky situations. I can only hope that my next car will be this good.

Strong, reliable engine and transmission. Great body and interior style. Power moonroof, cruise control, air conditioning standard. A sports car with the hauling capacity of a station wagon.

No built-in armrest for driver or passenger. Armrests are aftermarket. Also, speakers have a tendency to wear out (but then again, I play my music loud so that might not be Acura's fault.) Factory installed Michelin MXV4 tires are a bit expensive to replace at $110 a tire.