1991 Acura Integra Consumer Review: Great Car

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback - Consumer Review

Great Car
By John on

1991 Acura Integra GS 2dr Hatchback

I bought my GS used about 2 years ago, and it now has 219K miles on it. It's extremely fun to drive, has plenty of cargo space, and it is probably the best car I've owned. I did have to replace the clutch last year, but the previous owner Autocrossed it, so that probably contributed to its demise. I also had to replace the harmonic balancer and will be replacing the idle air control valve, but otherwise there's nothing wrong with it. Over time, I plan on upgrading more parts on it, it already has upgraded springs, shocks, exhaust, wheels, and tires for racing.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, great fuel mileage, extremely well made, very durable and super reliable. This car made me a Honda/Acura car guy for life. Tons of features for a '91 too.

Suggested Improvements

Needs cupholders, but the space between the hand brake and seats will hold most cups well enough. Trunk could have been better designed for the cover over the spare, anything in the trunk slides around since the carpet is poorly anchored and the plastic wheel cover is flimsy.