Used 1991 Acura Integra Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

I love this car!
By The Jamster

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

I love this car! I bought one when I was 16 and ended up trading it for a CRX, but couldn't stay away. I'm 23 now and traded that same CRX for another Integra!

Overall I love the car, I have all power options and even working A/C! I think overall it's set up very nicely.

An armrest!

Excellent Car
By Ken

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback LS Special 2dr Hatchback

Got this car new when I turned 16. I still have it in 2006(My first and only car) Mostly a commuter car now with over 190K. No problems. It's overly reliable. Only problem is that teenage kids are attracted to trying to steal it, take emblems, or break in. It is the only car I owned and has been the most pleasant experience. Average 30mpg, accelerates wonderfully at all speeds, handles extremely well, and brakes phenomenally. Only took it in to replace rear struts and timing belt. That's it. I replaced the front brakes pads twice and the rear once on my own. They last forever. Will retire it in 6 months as I am getting too old for it. It sits low and I need cushier seats. :)

Acceleration, gas mileage, handling, exterior design, interior layout, Reliability.

Road, wind, and engine noise. Man, you really have to turn the radio volume up as you reach higher speeds.

Good First Car
By LDub

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

Trouble free car, only having to perform regular maintenance. 183,000 miles and still running strong. Love the moonroof, and aftermarket parts are cheap and plentiful; customization of this car is limitless. The car is quick for a 4 banger, and handling is top notch. Top this off with Honda reliability and you've got a great car. My only complaints are back seat room is limited, there are no cupholders (which have led to more than a few messes), and the gas mileage could be a little better (i get between 24 and 26 MPG with a mix of city and highway driving). Motor still runs like it is new and there is absolutely no slippage of the tranny. Give this car regular maintenence and it should give you 200,000+ trouble-free miles!! Overall, a good car, highly recommended.

The looks of the car. It's 15 years old and is still a head-turner. Also, the moonroof. I'll never buy another car without one!

Air conditioning no longer works, and lack of ABS (and not being used to not having it) has led to a few close calls.

Nice car but getting old
By brealndt

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

Bought my car through a friend. It has had all of the hoses replaced along with the radiator. However after 15 years it has blown suspension bushings including the RTA. Neither of the cooling fans turn on. Clutch is heavy and shifting is hard due to worn shifter rods. All in all for a car this old and with 168000 not a bad car.

The car looks great and still modern despite being 15 years old!

Rear trailing arm bushings! Every Integra needs them replaced and acura only sells the whole arm. Come on! If they wear out like sparkplugs then they should offer them sepratly and for cheap!

The Trustigious Integra
By CBell

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

My overall experience with this vehicle is very pleasing. It was purchased for me as my first car on 10/2/04. The car has had an engine swap done, but thats expected after 250,000 miles. The one thing that impressed me the most was when I found the record of the cars maintenance in the glove box. It was one owner and he bought the car brand new in Des Moines, Iowa. There was at least 30 receipts from where he had the annual maintenance done. The exterior is in excellent shape. Maybe a rust spot here or there. The mechanical is good and the supension, brakes, wheels and exhaust is in very good condition considering the age.

My favorite part about the car is how agile it is. It handles the coners like its on rails. The gears are smooth as can be. Overall, it's quick and fun to drive.

I think in 1991 they designed this car for its time. They designed every inch of the car to preform how they felt it should perform. So for its time the car was flawless. In present day, I would probably adjust power steering, front design, door design, back window, and engine power.