1991 Acura Integra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:
a reliable honda
By refri3dnoodle on 09/02/12 16:58 PM (PDT)

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

I have 266k miles on mine. replaced the head gasket at 265k along with the distributor. It is a reliable car and really good on gas...most other cars of the same year are usually somewhere in a scrap yard.

Still my favorite car!
By acura_lover on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

My wife bought this car new, and after 180k, still going strong. Finally replaced clutch @ 160k. I love to drive this car around town, freeway, anywhere really. It has been ultra- reliable, just regular maintenance.

Still Love it after 20 years
By DRBroundtheworld on 10/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

After owning my car for 20 years and 141,000 miles it's still going strong and I'm still in love with it. I'm short (5'1") and this car fits me well - able to reach the clutch without chewing on the stearing wheel. Forsome reason I've replaced way too many muflers and brakes but maybe that's because I had the work done at Midas. Other than those expenses I've barely spent a dime on repairs except for starting this year. And it could be because it was involved in 2 accidents many years ago and the issues are just beginning to show over time. I still get great gas mileage and it's still peppy. I may hold onto this for another 20 years!

Electrical problems galore
By hienz1 on 11/02/09 08:05 AM (PST)

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

The Integrated Control Unit (not the car computer) behind the fuse panel shorted out. I had to replace the starter, battery, batt. cables, distributor, fuel injectors, the capacitors inside the ICU, starter switch, fuel pump relay, every single relay & fuse, blower motor & resistors. I built my own resistors because the stock ones kept breaking. The mounting tang for the blower motor fuse broke off, so I had to splice into one of the starter switch wires and connect it to the fuse. I had to jumper 2 of the terminals on the fuse panel with a blade-fuse holder to restore power to the stereo. I also changed the drive shafts & all struts, and I do my own brakes. Time 2 sell.

Bought New
By buckbo on 07/18/08 13:42 PM (PDT)

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

We bought this car brand new and even though it is my main daily driver to work it still has just 70k miles. It's garage kept and still looks new. Only complaints is the rear brake occasionally sticks and I have to remove the wheel and pop it open again and the high engine noise at freeway speeds. Very comfortable for short trips (I'm 6' 3") but anything over an hour and I get sore on those hard seats.

Good First Car
By LDub on 07/15/06 19:26 PM (PDT)

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

Trouble free car, only having to perform regular maintenance. 183,000 miles and still running strong. Love the moonroof, and aftermarket parts are cheap and plentiful; customization of this car is limitless. The car is quick for a 4 banger, and handling is top notch. Top this off with Honda reliability and you've got a great car. My only complaints are back seat room is limited, there are no cupholders (which have led to more than a few messes), and the gas mileage could be a little better (i get between 24 and 26 MPG with a mix of city and highway driving). Motor still runs like it is new and there is absolutely no slippage of the tranny. Give this car regular maintenence and it should give you 200,000+ trouble-free miles!! Overall, a good car, highly recommended.

Nice car but getting old
By brealndt on 03/20/06 17:01 PM (PST)

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

Bought my car through a friend. It has had all of the hoses replaced along with the radiator. However after 15 years it has blown suspension bushings including the RTA. Neither of the cooling fans turn on. Clutch is heavy and shifting is hard due to worn shifter rods. All in all for a car this old and with 168000 not a bad car.

91 teg
By snyd on 06/11/05 11:46 AM (PDT)

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

Good reliable car. My original clutch lasted 13 years. It was in a major accident but still drives remarkably well, well made car, highly recommend.

Still going strong after all these years
By C. Michael on 09/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

This is the first and only car I have ever owned and it still runs great, even after 13 years and 246,300 miles... on the original engine and transmission! It keeps going and going and going. Routine maintenance is a snap, parts are easy to find and cheap, and gas mileage is still great (about 25 to 30 mpg city & 30 to 35 mpg highway). With routine maintenance, this car still runs like the day I bought it. Handling is fantastic... this car will turn on a dime and get you out of some sticky situations. I can only hope that my next car will be this good.

Best Car - like the Energizer Bunny
By Tara - Acura Lover on 04/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

This car is incredible!! It is my first car, is now 13 years old and has 135,000 miles. I'm trading it in for the Acura MDX (we need an SUV now), but honestly don't want to let it go. It has been so reliable, easy and fun! It also handles great in the snow and has seen me through 10 New England winters! I will honestly cry when finally departing with this incredible car. It's amazing and I would recommend it to anyone who's looking for something easy, dependable and fun to drive. What else can I say - it's the best possible first car purchase I could have made. I love it and will miss it very much!!