Used 1991 Acura Integra LS Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

a reliable honda
By refri3dnoodle

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

I have 266k miles on mine. replaced the head gasket at 265k along with the distributor. It is a reliable car and really good on gas...most other cars of the same year are usually somewhere in a scrap yard.

on all d and b series honda motors the distributor seems to be the weak link but I'm sure that's an issue that's been addressed by now.

Still my favorite car!
By acura_lover

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

My wife bought this car new, and after 180k, still going strong. Finally replaced clutch @ 160k. I love to drive this car around town, freeway, anywhere really. It has been ultra- reliable, just regular maintenance.

Handling, reliability

No Cupholders. Not so comfortable on long trips.

Still Love it after 20 years
By DRBroundtheworld

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

After owning my car for 20 years and 141,000 miles it's still going strong and I'm still in love with it. I'm short (5'1") and this car fits me well - able to reach the clutch without chewing on the stearing wheel. Forsome reason I've replaced way too many muflers and brakes but maybe that's because I had the work done at Midas. Other than those expenses I've barely spent a dime on repairs except for starting this year. And it could be because it was involved in 2 accidents many years ago and the issues are just beginning to show over time. I still get great gas mileage and it's still peppy. I may hold onto this for another 20 years!

look & style, fits me, manual transmisstion is really peppy, handling - holds the road extremely well around curves.

Could have used electric locks and a center console and cup holder.

Electrical problems galore
By hienz1

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

The Integrated Control Unit (not the car computer) behind the fuse panel shorted out. I had to replace the starter, battery, batt. cables, distributor, fuel injectors, the capacitors inside the ICU, starter switch, fuel pump relay, every single relay & fuse, blower motor & resistors. I built my own resistors because the stock ones kept breaking. The mounting tang for the blower motor fuse broke off, so I had to splice into one of the starter switch wires and connect it to the fuse. I had to jumper 2 of the terminals on the fuse panel with a blade-fuse holder to restore power to the stereo. I also changed the drive shafts & all struts, and I do my own brakes. Time 2 sell.

Fully loaded. Moon roof, AC, electric windows, cruise, rear seats fold down making huge space in back, torque-to-weight ratio makes this car super fast in lower gears, I got way too many speeding tickets driving this car. Good gas mileage even with AC on.

The electrical system is prone to catastrophic failure. The capacitors used in the Integrated Control Unit should be changed up to 35volt to combat overheating & leakage. Also do away with spade-type connectors & go w/ lugless European-type connectors. Exchange Alternator & pwr steering mounting.

Bought New
By buckbo

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

We bought this car brand new and even though it is my main daily driver to work it still has just 70k miles. It's garage kept and still looks new. Only complaints is the rear brake occasionally sticks and I have to remove the wheel and pop it open again and the high engine noise at freeway speeds. Very comfortable for short trips (I'm 6' 3") but anything over an hour and I get sore on those hard seats.

Sunroof

I discovered the rear of the car had been smashed while being shipped over here. It was only cosmetically fixed but underneath was twisted metal which rusted after 5 years. The dealer didn't tell me and Acura refused to repair it because it was hidden so well for 5 years.