Used 1991 Acura Integra RS Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

Can it make 300K?
By Ratcar Owner

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

I affectionately call this my "ratcar" because I've had it for over 17 years. Has 217,000+ miles on it. Replaced all the usual parts plus cv-joints, radiator, antenna, radio, struts/springs. But, the engine is original and the clutch is still the one that come with the car. It is an awesome car.

Engine power. Builds up to 6,000 rpm and this car was a real rocket back in '91 when few cars were made to perform this way for only $14,000. Cornering is superb with the right tires and what it lacks in power, it makes up for this way.

Better brakes would help. Also could use a sixth gear to bring down those 70-mph revs from 3500 to 2900.

The Trustigious Integra
By CBell

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

My overall experience with this vehicle is very pleasing. It was purchased for me as my first car on 10/2/04. The car has had an engine swap done, but thats expected after 250,000 miles. The one thing that impressed me the most was when I found the record of the cars maintenance in the glove box. It was one owner and he bought the car brand new in Des Moines, Iowa. There was at least 30 receipts from where he had the annual maintenance done. The exterior is in excellent shape. Maybe a rust spot here or there. The mechanical is good and the supension, brakes, wheels and exhaust is in very good condition considering the age.

My favorite part about the car is how agile it is. It handles the coners like its on rails. The gears are smooth as can be. Overall, it's quick and fun to drive.

I think in 1991 they designed this car for its time. They designed every inch of the car to preform how they felt it should perform. So for its time the car was flawless. In present day, I would probably adjust power steering, front design, door design, back window, and engine power.

integra
By jclark

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

I love the car, mine has about 158,000 miles on it now. I had a few problems such as the radiator, alternator, exhaust, tires, and the most expensive the transmisson. Even though i've spent all this money I figure it is a honda engine and it'll last forever. I am actually thinking about selling it not sure yet though.

Favorite features are definitely the electric seatbelts

Cupholder

Love the new 'teg
By jenlen

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

I've only had it a short while, but it is AWESOME. Handles beautifully, drives beautifully, and gets on down the road!!!

5 SPEED!!!!

A cup holder would have been nice.

91 Integra RS Hatchback
By mdzorger

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

Great car! It handles like a sports car and hauls like a wagon. Although a 1991 model which has been used hard, it's been perfectly reliable since new, and continues to deliver excellent performance with over 150,000 miles on it.