Used 1991 Acura Integra Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

Excellent car! Excellent deal! Best $1000 I ever spent!
By domcuch94

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

Bought this car for $1000 off of a girl who lived down the road from me. Had 126K when I bought it, has 145K now and has been ultra reliable! Outside of normal maintenance like brakes, rotors, calipers, tires, exhaust, hatch supports, and oil changes. This thing has been fantastic! Only let me down once when the alternator went and I was stuck on the side of the highway. I had to get that replaced. But since then, has not left me stranded and it takes me everywhere so that's why I gave it a 5 for reliability. Very awesome car. Doesn't burn any oil, runs great, and hardly any rust on it! Will drive this car until the doors fall off!!

Working sunroof, A/C, heat, defrosters, automatic transmission, windows, etc. Love driving it around. I love the hatch because I can fold the seats down and put my band gear in it. I love the fact that I got working hatch supports in it because I hated having to hold up the hatch with vise grips that could give out at any time! I love the engine in it! doesn't make any knocking noises, no shaking, and it sounds gooood!

High beams aren't the greatest. Wish it had good cup holders in it but I have aftermarket ones that hang out of the glove box and they work fine. It has little quirks about it.. If I put it into park it wont show the "P" symbol lit up on the instrument cluster so I guess its not locking into park? Its not a big deal it only happens when its really cold out and to fix it I just jiggle the shifting knob around until the "P" symbol shows up because if it doesn't show up, I can't turn the car off all the way. Im sure its something stupid that can be fixed. It is loud on the highway but every Honda I've driven in has some highway noise so I really could care less lol

a reliable honda
By refri3dnoodle

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

I have 266k miles on mine. replaced the head gasket at 265k along with the distributor. It is a reliable car and really good on gas...most other cars of the same year are usually somewhere in a scrap yard.

on all d and b series honda motors the distributor seems to be the weak link but I'm sure that's an issue that's been addressed by now.

Precision Crafted Performance
By golfdino

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

If all cars could have Acura quality - then it would be a perfect world. I drove this car new - 120K miles. Never any major issues. Great gas mileage, perfomance, handling, utility with the hatchback. AC might stink with mold issues - so you need to keep it on all the time. Added a Dinan chip for more power and installed a Sony Headunit with CD changer. Timing belt needs to be changed at 60K miles to ensure nothing breaksdown. Great manual transmission - great car.

Interior Handling Stick Fog Lights Sun - Roof Hatchback Spoiler

Bigger wheels More power Air Bag

Still my favorite car!
By acura_lover

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

My wife bought this car new, and after 180k, still going strong. Finally replaced clutch @ 160k. I love to drive this car around town, freeway, anywhere really. It has been ultra- reliable, just regular maintenance.

Handling, reliability

No Cupholders. Not so comfortable on long trips.

Still Love it after 20 years
By DRBroundtheworld

1991 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

After owning my car for 20 years and 141,000 miles it's still going strong and I'm still in love with it. I'm short (5'1") and this car fits me well - able to reach the clutch without chewing on the stearing wheel. Forsome reason I've replaced way too many muflers and brakes but maybe that's because I had the work done at Midas. Other than those expenses I've barely spent a dime on repairs except for starting this year. And it could be because it was involved in 2 accidents many years ago and the issues are just beginning to show over time. I still get great gas mileage and it's still peppy. I may hold onto this for another 20 years!

look & style, fits me, manual transmisstion is really peppy, handling - holds the road extremely well around curves.

Could have used electric locks and a center console and cup holder.