Used 1991 Acura Integra GS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

1991 Acura Integra

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

Holding Up over 200k miles.
By chekster

1991 Acura Integra GS 4dr Sedan

Bought at 178k from a friend, now has 218k miles. Stick. Car is fun to drive, handles and runs well, better then my 92 accord (LX-auto). Clutch took some getting used to. Don't care a ton for the anti-lock brakes in snow. Fairly reliable, but several age related repairs are now showing up (thermostat, rear calipers, alternator; main relay and fan control module starting to go; small oil leak at valve cover gasket; frameless windows seals starting to lose some elasticity). Typical 90s Honda rear wheel well rust. Trunk lid size and rear seats are small for this size of vehicle (my 84 escort was slightly better). Still, I would recommend and have enjoyed owning.

Favorite Features

Decent power for mileage (30+ mpg in summer, 25 winter). Sporty manual transmission. Car handles well in fast paced city freeway driving, feels very stable at 80+ mph. Stylish body design, "bra" is a plus. Moonroof is great in spring and summer.

Suggested Improvements

Clutch may take some getting used to. No cupholders. Trunk lid and rear seats are small for size of vehicle. Moonroof glass needs tinting. A/C marginal for black interior when hot. Engine noise-4k rpm on highway. Tight spacing under hood. Small gas tank.

love it!
By dpenta

1991 Acura Integra GS 4dr Sedan

My Integra has over 350,000 miles on it (I got it used from some friends) and is still running strong! Feels like it has less than half the miles on it it really does. Even with the automatic, the engine is still spunky, and (at least for acceleration) I prefer driving this over either of my parents' Lexuses. Any problems I've experienced are mostly due to age.

Favorite Features

Looks sharp even for an 11-year old car. Acceleration. Seats.

Suggested Improvements

Wind noise around the windows on the freeway. Fit/finish not as good as other imports (this is my first Honda product -- before I drove Toyota/Lexus), but still leaps ahead of domestics.