Used 1991 Acura Integra LS Special Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

My first, but very reliable car
By Mark

1991 Acura Integra LS Special 2dr Hatchback

I inherited the Acura from family. It did spectacularly for 1.5 years, with problems every couple of months (I got the car with 140K miles). All I can say is that it was a dream. The car handled extremely well, and, as a new driver, it helped me avoid collisions and accidents (I have not had one since driving on it). It felt like it could turn on a dime, quickly, and accelerate in tight corners. It was a really great car, but at 200+K it died of alternator, transmission, and fuel line failure compounded to create an unusable car. In my experience, I had to perform maintenance every few months to keep the car going, but, to me, it was worth it because the car was such a great drive.

Great handling, acceleration.

Cooling system, A/C system.

Excellent Car
By Ken

1991 Acura Integra LS Special 2dr Hatchback

Got this car new when I turned 16. I still have it in 2006(My first and only car) Mostly a commuter car now with over 190K. No problems. It's overly reliable. Only problem is that teenage kids are attracted to trying to steal it, take emblems, or break in. It is the only car I owned and has been the most pleasant experience. Average 30mpg, accelerates wonderfully at all speeds, handles extremely well, and brakes phenomenally. Only took it in to replace rear struts and timing belt. That's it. I replaced the front brakes pads twice and the rear once on my own. They last forever. Will retire it in 6 months as I am getting too old for it. It sits low and I need cushier seats. :)

Acceleration, gas mileage, handling, exterior design, interior layout, Reliability.

Road, wind, and engine noise. Man, you really have to turn the radio volume up as you reach higher speeds.

Very good car
By xs6dfg01

1991 Acura Integra LS Special 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Integra in the Spring of 1997 and sold it in the Spring of 2002. This was the best car I ever owned. I would have kept it but I needed a 4-door vehicle. I purchased it with 60K miles on it and sold it with 150K miles on it and it still ran so quiet you didn't even know the car was turned on unless you looked at the tach! Honda makes the best 4 cylinder motors on the planet, period.

Very peppy. Excellent handling. Best clutch I have ever used.

Stock tires and rims are way too small.

Love mine!
By Grace23

1991 Acura Integra LS Special 2dr Hatchback

My Integra came to me last summer after being owned by my mother, then my grandfather, from the time it was six months old... We just can't seem to bear the idea of getting rid of this car, and for that, I'm glad--I love it! Almost everything under the hood's been replaced within the last two years, so it should be good to go for a few more years. I spent a lot of time driving it on rural country roads this past summer, and it was a lot of fun to get it moving--it has some kick to it. Overall, I'd recommend this brand to anyone interested in a reliable, fun car.

Love the power sunroof, fold-down seats, stick-shift (easiest to drive, I've found!), and comments on the car (the mechanics have a good time discussing my car--"That's a high- performance engine! I could have a good time w/that!").

I'm beginning to hate the frameless windows. Mine have started to lose the tight seal around the top corner, and it's frustrating. Other than that, very few complaints.

Great car
By Sean Devlin

1991 Acura Integra LS Special 2dr Hatchback

I got it as my first car last month, i've put quite a few miles on it, and its great. The clutch seems to last forever, and its really forgiving. The original owner learned how to drive stick on the same clutch, as i did, only 100,000 miles ago...great car.

The torque in 1st gear