1991 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:
Excellent car! Excellent deal! Best $1000 I ever spent!
By domcuch94 on 11/24/13 13:25 PM (PST)

1991 Acura Integra GS 2dr Hatchback

Bought this car for $1000 off of a girl who lived down the road from me. Had 126K when I bought it, has 145K now and has been ultra reliable! Outside of normal maintenance like brakes, rotors, calipers, tires, exhaust, hatch supports, and oil changes. This thing has been fantastic! Only let me down once when the alternator went and I was stuck on the side of the highway. I had to get that replaced. But since then, has not left me stranded and it takes me everywhere so that's why I gave it a 5 for reliability. Very awesome car. Doesn't burn any oil, runs great, and hardly any rust on it! Will drive this car until the doors fall off!!

a reliable honda
By refri3dnoodle on 09/02/12 16:58 PM (PDT)

1991 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I have 266k miles on mine. replaced the head gasket at 265k along with the distributor. It is a reliable car and really good on gas...most other cars of the same year are usually somewhere in a scrap yard.

Precision Crafted Performance
By golfdino on 06/23/11 00:26 AM (PDT)

1991 Acura Integra GS 2dr Hatchback

If all cars could have Acura quality - then it would be a perfect world. I drove this car new - 120K miles. Never any major issues. Great gas mileage, perfomance, handling, utility with the hatchback. AC might stink with mold issues - so you need to keep it on all the time. Added a Dinan chip for more power and installed a Sony Headunit with CD changer. Timing belt needs to be changed at 60K miles to ensure nothing breaksdown. Great manual transmission - great car.

Still my favorite car!
By acura_lover on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

My wife bought this car new, and after 180k, still going strong. Finally replaced clutch @ 160k. I love to drive this car around town, freeway, anywhere really. It has been ultra- reliable, just regular maintenance.

Still Love it after 20 years
By DRBroundtheworld on 10/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

After owning my car for 20 years and 141,000 miles it's still going strong and I'm still in love with it. I'm short (5'1") and this car fits me well - able to reach the clutch without chewing on the stearing wheel. Forsome reason I've replaced way too many muflers and brakes but maybe that's because I had the work done at Midas. Other than those expenses I've barely spent a dime on repairs except for starting this year. And it could be because it was involved in 2 accidents many years ago and the issues are just beginning to show over time. I still get great gas mileage and it's still peppy. I may hold onto this for another 20 years!

Electrical problems galore
By hienz1 on 11/02/09 08:05 AM (PST)

1991 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

The Integrated Control Unit (not the car computer) behind the fuse panel shorted out. I had to replace the starter, battery, batt. cables, distributor, fuel injectors, the capacitors inside the ICU, starter switch, fuel pump relay, every single relay & fuse, blower motor & resistors. I built my own resistors because the stock ones kept breaking. The mounting tang for the blower motor fuse broke off, so I had to splice into one of the starter switch wires and connect it to the fuse. I had to jumper 2 of the terminals on the fuse panel with a blade-fuse holder to restore power to the stereo. I also changed the drive shafts & all struts, and I do my own brakes. Time 2 sell.

Great Car
By John on 08/17/09 08:48 AM (PDT)

1991 Acura Integra GS 2dr Hatchback

I bought my GS used about 2 years ago, and it now has 219K miles on it. It's extremely fun to drive, has plenty of cargo space, and it is probably the best car I've owned. I did have to replace the clutch last year, but the previous owner Autocrossed it, so that probably contributed to its demise. I also had to replace the harmonic balancer and will be replacing the idle air control valve, but otherwise there's nothing wrong with it. Over time, I plan on upgrading more parts on it, it already has upgraded springs, shocks, exhaust, wheels, and tires for racing.

My first, but very reliable car
By Mark on 02/04/09 14:03 PM (PST)

1991 Acura Integra LS Special 2dr Hatchback

I inherited the Acura from family. It did spectacularly for 1.5 years, with problems every couple of months (I got the car with 140K miles). All I can say is that it was a dream. The car handled extremely well, and, as a new driver, it helped me avoid collisions and accidents (I have not had one since driving on it). It felt like it could turn on a dime, quickly, and accelerate in tight corners. It was a really great car, but at 200+K it died of alternator, transmission, and fuel line failure compounded to create an unusable car. In my experience, I had to perform maintenance every few months to keep the car going, but, to me, it was worth it because the car was such a great drive.

Can it make 300K?
By Ratcar Owner on 08/10/08 19:12 PM (PDT)

1991 Acura Integra RS 2dr Hatchback

I affectionately call this my "ratcar" because I've had it for over 17 years. Has 217,000+ miles on it. Replaced all the usual parts plus cv-joints, radiator, antenna, radio, struts/springs. But, the engine is original and the clutch is still the one that come with the car. It is an awesome car.

Bought New
By buckbo on 07/18/08 13:42 PM (PDT)

1991 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

We bought this car brand new and even though it is my main daily driver to work it still has just 70k miles. It's garage kept and still looks new. Only complaints is the rear brake occasionally sticks and I have to remove the wheel and pop it open again and the high engine noise at freeway speeds. Very comfortable for short trips (I'm 6' 3") but anything over an hour and I get sore on those hard seats.