What a car!
By Mike on
1990 Acura Integra GS 2dr Hatchback
I had to sell my 05 Sentra SE-R Spec V due to rising insurance costs and many issues with reliability. Found this nice little Integra GS for only 2k. Interior was about the only thing showing some real age on the car. Engine has run great even when I take trips from North Carolina down to South Florida. 13-16 hours nonstop, not even thinking twice about whether or not the car will make it says A LOT about the quality of this automobile. I ended up putting some money into it to fix up a few pieces of trim and the blown speakers, but that was all the car really needed. The paint has held up well over the years, the design is very modern, and the gas mileage is a life saver.
Favorite Features
Clean interior design, bought the car with the ultra rare dealer installed lip kit, 30+ mpg, and the auto belts. (Side note here, but there is a lifetime warranty on all the seat belts in the car, and I've since had the driver lap belt and passenger shoulder replaced under warranty!)
Suggested Improvements
The cloth on the driver seat LOVES to disintegrate as the car get older due to friction, had to get new cover at junkyard. More horsepower would be nice, but I've since solved that with a nice B16A swap! And one other thing, try to seek out the center console on ebay, this car has NO cupholders.