BEEN IN THE FAMILY SINCE NEW
By bigbearhunter on
1990 Acura Integra GS 2dr Hatchback
My mom bought a 1990 acura integra GS in the summer of 1989. I had never seen anything like it. It was small and sleek and yet so nimble. I wanted it. .. ten years later. I got it. I always thought I'd only have it for a few years, and that turned into 13. Now it's old now and cosmetically falling apart, but the second you turn the key and take off, all the scuffs, scratches and dings disappear. It's the most fun I've ever had driving a car. It's like a cross fit champion wearing an awkward and ill fitting suit. It's time for me to finally move on. But this car never required anything but replacement parts that couldn't last the 250k miles I put on it. Most reliable car I've ever owned.
Favorite Features
Interior aesthetics and ergonomics are still light years ahead of the chintzy Detroit models from the same era. Turning ability and speed are great. Nimble on the freeway and just as elusive in heavy street traffic.
Suggested Improvements
It's a 24 year-old car. So there's nothing to suggest for a car that's no longer made. Acura has gone backwards with horrible styling (why is does every car have a huge silve moustache now) and by eliminating the RSX. If you want a modern car to replace the Integra, you now have to go to Subaru and get a BRZ or to Ford, for the Focus st.