Used 1990 Acura Integra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

Post Mortem
By Chris

1990 Acura Integra RS 2dr Hatchback

With no A/C, a failed power seatbelt and shorting panel lights, I blew a hole in a good engine by ignoring a blinking oil lamp after 235,000 and 18 years. Sure I had drink stains from door-mounted cup holders, could never see the low fuel light in the sun, and - gee - just replaced the master cylinder this year and the 'gasket last. I'd bought my first car brand new after college, and she treated me far better than any chick in SoCal ever did. Got better mileage of late than the Cobalt I just rented. Thank you, Acura.

What a car!
By Mike

1990 Acura Integra GS 2dr Hatchback

I had to sell my 05 Sentra SE-R Spec V due to rising insurance costs and many issues with reliability. Found this nice little Integra GS for only 2k. Interior was about the only thing showing some real age on the car. Engine has run great even when I take trips from North Carolina down to South Florida. 13-16 hours nonstop, not even thinking twice about whether or not the car will make it says A LOT about the quality of this automobile. I ended up putting some money into it to fix up a few pieces of trim and the blown speakers, but that was all the car really needed. The paint has held up well over the years, the design is very modern, and the gas mileage is a life saver.

Favorite Features

Clean interior design, bought the car with the ultra rare dealer installed lip kit, 30+ mpg, and the auto belts. (Side note here, but there is a lifetime warranty on all the seat belts in the car, and I've since had the driver lap belt and passenger shoulder replaced under warranty!)

Suggested Improvements

The cloth on the driver seat LOVES to disintegrate as the car get older due to friction, had to get new cover at junkyard. More horsepower would be nice, but I've since solved that with a nice B16A swap! And one other thing, try to seek out the center console on ebay, this car has NO cupholders.

So Reliable
By John Leonard

1990 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

Without doubt, the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. After 150,000 miles, the oil sending unit broke and at 160,000 the master cylinder needed replacement. That is all I have put into this car beyond normal maintenance.

Favorite Features

Moonroof, zippy handling

Suggested Improvements

Substantially upgrade the comfort of the seats.

Original owner still fun to drive
By Energy Man

1990 Acura Integra LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and have used it mostly for city commuting. Mileage is going down slightly with age but can still turn a consistent 23 in city and 32 on the road. Car is fun to drive and easy to maintain for most things, but timing belt, water pump, ac compressor, CV joints are a pain. This car's reliability and the service lead me toward a 2004 TL.

Favorite Features

The handling, the clear visibility, the reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Oil leaks have been a problem but not cost effective to fix. Radio could be better.

90 ls hatch
By russ

1990 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I've got 176000 miles on my Integra LS. It has been a great car. Of course I've "made it my own" by adding all of the bolt on tuner parts. I beat on this car everyday and never have a problem with it. It starts everytime and runs great. Plus, it's fun to beat a new Civic with my "old" Integra.

Favorite Features

NO CUP HOLDERS= NO DRINKS IN CAR! (less chance for someone to spill something)

Suggested Improvements

For a 1990 the Integra has pretty much everything you could expect. Of course now we have ABS and airbags etc. but back then these items weren't as readily available on cars.