1990 Acura Integra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:
A Pretty Good Car
By David on 08/22/10 23:27 PM (PDT)

1990 Acura Integra Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

It's had fewer problems than other cars we've owned. I've done most of the work on it myself. One major problem was that it wouldn't start when hot. After checking on the Internet for a while, I fixed it at no cost by re-soldering a cracked solder joint in the main relay. Another problem was that one couldn't immediately remove the ignition key after starting the car. Again, the Internet came to the rescue and I had to clean the transmission lever electrical contacts (a lot of screws to remove to get to it). The ignition switch failed but got fixed by cleaning and lubing the contacts. A lot of work getting to it. Other problems were mostly like this, little cost but some work needed.

Original owner still fun to drive
By Energy Man on 08/24/05 11:54 AM (PDT)

1990 Acura Integra Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and have used it mostly for city commuting. Mileage is going down slightly with age but can still turn a consistent 23 in city and 32 on the road. Car is fun to drive and easy to maintain for most things, but timing belt, water pump, ac compressor, CV joints are a pain. This car's reliability and the service lead me toward a 2004 TL.

Can't be beat
By mem200 on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Acura Integra Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

NEVER had a problem with this car except for headlights needing replacing. Still on original engine...sad to let it go but my 91 yr mom has trouble getting in and out of it and my one daughter can't drive stick. What a dream of a car!

Good car
By kevlexus on 04/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Acura Integra Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Purchased my car with 150k on it. Had to get a 2nd car because of these high gas prices and having a SUV will break your pockets. Car is very fun to drive. Car is very easy to fix and parts are cheap and readily available. Don't have to go to the dealer for everything( my previous car was a 95 BMW 740i). Anyone with a basic knowledge of auto mechanics can keep this car running and tuned up. Driver seat was a little worn when i brought it but it seems like all of them are like that with this many miles on them. Seat cover fixed that problem. Paint still has a little luster to it. Very good 2nd car or car for a student.

Great affordable luxury/sport sedan
By crxbrett on 03/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Acura Integra Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I had the '90 GS Sedan and never let me down. The car handled and cornered like it was on rails (I did upgrade the wheels to 16's and had low-pro tires). The engine is adequate for city driving, but needs to be revved past 5500 rpms to get any kind of power (0- 60 is about 8.5 seconds). SO A 5-SPD IS A MUST! Do not get an AUTO! The cabin is very nicely done and isn't too fancy or dated looking. I recommend the '90- '93 Integra if you want a car with good looks, good driving characteristics and good reliability.

1990 acura legend
By cartjen2 on 01/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Acura Integra Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

pleased with the vehicle overall

MY LITTLE ACRUA GS
By DAVID MORRELL on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Acura Integra Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

After driving GM products and never pasting a gas station it is great to be in a car that is fast and good on gas. I had this car doing 120 mph @ 6500 rpm's and it was doing great. The part cost a little more then GM but that'S what you pay for (quality) when you pay more.

Good Car
By Mary Watson on 11/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Acura Integra Sedan RS 4dr Sedan

I liked it a lot and enjoy driving it all the time.

my acura
By Espino on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Acura Integra Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

fuel economy not good,horsepower not good.Interior needs to improve,needs better value of radio,paint is not of good quality.

My second car
By GreenMan on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Acura Integra Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

A 1977 ford maverick with a 302 (my first car) is a hard car to follow, but the integra somehow did it (hehe). this is car that'll hit 200k easy with proper maitenence. MAKE SURE YOU CHECK AND REPLACE TIMING BELT! if it breaks on you yer SOL. CV joints and exhaust should also be checked regularly