Used 1990 Acura Integra RS Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

Post Mortem
By Chris

1990 Acura Integra Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

With no A/C, a failed power seatbelt and shorting panel lights, I blew a hole in a good engine by ignoring a blinking oil lamp after 235,000 and 18 years. Sure I had drink stains from door-mounted cup holders, could never see the low fuel light in the sun, and - gee - just replaced the master cylinder this year and the 'gasket last. I'd bought my first car brand new after college, and she treated me far better than any chick in SoCal ever did. Got better mileage of late than the Cobalt I just rented. Thank you, Acura.

well worth it 90 rs
By worthit

1990 Acura Integra Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

My wife bought the Integra before we were married.I took over the Integra and it's been nothing but fun. I replaced distributer and plugs/wires. Had new alternator and battery installed. It runs great. Only real problem is every once in a while it won't start right away on hot days. Took it to several mech. who say they can't find the problem. Well worth the money considering engine will last well into 200k

Favorite Features

All the extras you can add on or replace

Suggested Improvements

windows have small drip leak in storms or car wash. It's not bad or a problem.

Still Kickin
By Psycobob

1990 Acura Integra Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

Awesome car. Its a '90 RS automatic, and it has over 425,000 miles on it. Still kickin. Started smoking a little at startup this winter, but with warmer weather that has gone away. Fun do drive and cheap to maintain. I have had to do very little to keep this car running. If you are looking at getting an integra, you wont be disappointed.

Favorite Features

Engine is awesome, I love the exterior styling.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic tranny leaves a little to be desired. Then again, it may just be the age/mileage.

acura integra 1990 hatchback
By jim beam

1990 Acura Integra Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

this car has been unbelievably reliable and worry frre; engine and transmission have no problems thus far for 100,000+ miles! handles well, convenient interior, nice looking exterior. the hatchback is great for all loading/ working needs; however it would be nice not to have the ''lip'' to lift thgings over and instead have a flat ''slide out '' for stuff when taking stuff out of the hatch. over all this isd a GREAT car for the money-- i hope to have it for another 200,000 miles, as it has beern touted in consumer reports...

Favorite Features

hatchback. moveable, convenient seating, roomy interior; HANDLES EXTREMELY WELL--A VERY SAFE CAR--MY MOST IMPORTANTB CONCERN!!

Suggested Improvements

as previously mentioned: flatten the ''lip'' in the hatchback area so things can be slid out in steaad of having to be lifted over and out..

GREAT COUPE
By FOTITO

IT IS BY FAR THE BEST COUPE IN TODAY'S MARKET

Favorite Features

PERFORMANCE

Suggested Improvements

MORE HP