1990 Acura Integra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:
BEEN IN THE FAMILY SINCE NEW
By bigbearhunter on 02/25/13 08:08 AM (PST)

1990 Acura Integra Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

My mom bought a 1990 acura integra GS in the summer of 1989. I had never seen anything like it. It was small and sleek and yet so nimble. I wanted it. .. ten years later. I got it. I always thought I'd only have it for a few years, and that turned into 13. Now it's old now and cosmetically falling apart, but the second you turn the key and take off, all the scuffs, scratches and dings disappear. It's the most fun I've ever had driving a car. It's like a cross fit champion wearing an awkward and ill fitting suit. It's time for me to finally move on. But this car never required anything but replacement parts that couldn't last the 250k miles I put on it. Most reliable car I've ever owned.

Never die
By joe ponce on 03/20/10 14:59 PM (PDT)

1990 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

With over 250,000 miles on it i drove it from California to Texas with no problems. didn't think i would buy a car and have it forever.

Breaking up is hard to do
By Sherry in Cambridge on 01/14/10 15:42 PM (PST)

1990 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

I'm trying to find a new home for my 20 year old car with 230K miles. I love this car and wish I could buy a new one. Mine really is succumbing to the hard life in New England and I think I just have to let it go to the great racetrack in the sky.

Great car
By carjunkie on 01/01/10 16:21 PM (PST)

1990 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

I read some of these reviews had to add mine. Had an '88 Integra LS and it was like a tank. Was broadsided by a semi on I-40 in an ice storm. Drove it from AR to KY for the holidays and then down to AL where I relocated. Finally had it fixed. Best car I ever had and only sold it at 137000 miles because 2d child arrived. Too much to pack 2 kids and an 80 lb dog for the trips to see the grandparents. Now I'm looking for another for those kids as they start to drive.

Post Mortem
By Chris on 11/11/08 00:38 AM (PST)

1990 Acura Integra Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

With no A/C, a failed power seatbelt and shorting panel lights, I blew a hole in a good engine by ignoring a blinking oil lamp after 235,000 and 18 years. Sure I had drink stains from door-mounted cup holders, could never see the low fuel light in the sun, and - gee - just replaced the master cylinder this year and the 'gasket last. I'd bought my first car brand new after college, and she treated me far better than any chick in SoCal ever did. Got better mileage of late than the Cobalt I just rented. Thank you, Acura.

What a car!
By Mike on 01/20/08 21:14 PM (PST)

1990 Acura Integra Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

I had to sell my 05 Sentra SE-R Spec V due to rising insurance costs and many issues with reliability. Found this nice little Integra GS for only 2k. Interior was about the only thing showing some real age on the car. Engine has run great even when I take trips from North Carolina down to South Florida. 13-16 hours nonstop, not even thinking twice about whether or not the car will make it says A LOT about the quality of this automobile. I ended up putting some money into it to fix up a few pieces of trim and the blown speakers, but that was all the car really needed. The paint has held up well over the years, the design is very modern, and the gas mileage is a life saver.

So Reliable
By John Leonard on 10/05/05 18:24 PM (PDT)

1990 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

Without doubt, the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. After 150,000 miles, the oil sending unit broke and at 160,000 the master cylinder needed replacement. That is all I have put into this car beyond normal maintenance.

90 ls hatch
By russ on 02/22/05 21:06 PM (PST)

1990 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

I've got 176000 miles on my Integra LS. It has been a great car. Of course I've "made it my own" by adding all of the bolt on tuner parts. I beat on this car everyday and never have a problem with it. It starts everytime and runs great. Plus, it's fun to beat a new Civic with my "old" Integra.

well worth it 90 rs
By worthit on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Acura Integra Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

My wife bought the Integra before we were married.I took over the Integra and it's been nothing but fun. I replaced distributer and plugs/wires. Had new alternator and battery installed. It runs great. Only real problem is every once in a while it won't start right away on hot days. Took it to several mech. who say they can't find the problem. Well worth the money considering engine will last well into 200k

Great import
By nakedchef22 on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car with 214ks on it. Obviously the car wasn't well maintained towards the end, because it needed some routine work (brakes, alternator, cv shafts), but otherwise the car was extremely reliable, good on gas and had some kick. Over the year and a half that I owned it, I put roughly 30,000ks on the original engine and tranny (tough to tell since the odo was broken for awhile). I'm laughing now, because just when the tranny was about to totally pack it in at 245000 clicks, i traded it straight across for a 92 fifth ave with 185,000 ks. It's not the most comfortable car in the world, but it ran great and was a total looker car.