Used 1990 Acura Integra Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Acura Integra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

BEEN IN THE FAMILY SINCE NEW
By bigbearhunter

1990 Acura Integra Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

My mom bought a 1990 acura integra GS in the summer of 1989. I had never seen anything like it. It was small and sleek and yet so nimble. I wanted it. .. ten years later. I got it. I always thought I'd only have it for a few years, and that turned into 13. Now it's old now and cosmetically falling apart, but the second you turn the key and take off, all the scuffs, scratches and dings disappear. It's the most fun I've ever had driving a car. It's like a cross fit champion wearing an awkward and ill fitting suit. It's time for me to finally move on. But this car never required anything but replacement parts that couldn't last the 250k miles I put on it. Most reliable car I've ever owned.

Interior aesthetics and ergonomics are still light years ahead of the chintzy Detroit models from the same era. Turning ability and speed are great. Nimble on the freeway and just as elusive in heavy street traffic.

It's a 24 year-old car. So there's nothing to suggest for a car that's no longer made. Acura has gone backwards with horrible styling (why is does every car have a huge silve moustache now) and by eliminating the RSX. If you want a modern car to replace the Integra, you now have to go to Subaru and get a BRZ or to Ford, for the Focus st.

Never die
By joe ponce

1990 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

With over 250,000 miles on it i drove it from California to Texas with no problems. didn't think i would buy a car and have it forever.

A 20 yr old car that still turns heads

Breaking up is hard to do
By Sherry in Cambridge

1990 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

I'm trying to find a new home for my 20 year old car with 230K miles. I love this car and wish I could buy a new one. Mine really is succumbing to the hard life in New England and I think I just have to let it go to the great racetrack in the sky.

Fabulous pick-up; actual MPG for me is closer to 30 with premium fuel; manual transmission has great feel - original clutch lasted until 225K. Love the moonroof too

Cup holders; height adjustable seat belts for short people; new design of power antenna; trunk seal.

Great car
By carjunkie

1990 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

I read some of these reviews had to add mine. Had an '88 Integra LS and it was like a tank. Was broadsided by a semi on I-40 in an ice storm. Drove it from AR to KY for the holidays and then down to AL where I relocated. Finally had it fixed. Best car I ever had and only sold it at 137000 miles because 2d child arrived. Too much to pack 2 kids and an 80 lb dog for the trips to see the grandparents. Now I'm looking for another for those kids as they start to drive.

reliability, fun to drive

Post Mortem
By Chris

1990 Acura Integra Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

With no A/C, a failed power seatbelt and shorting panel lights, I blew a hole in a good engine by ignoring a blinking oil lamp after 235,000 and 18 years. Sure I had drink stains from door-mounted cup holders, could never see the low fuel light in the sun, and - gee - just replaced the master cylinder this year and the 'gasket last. I'd bought my first car brand new after college, and she treated me far better than any chick in SoCal ever did. Got better mileage of late than the Cobalt I just rented. Thank you, Acura.