1990 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:
Never die
By joe ponce on 03/20/10 14:59 PM (PDT)

1990 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

With over 250,000 miles on it i drove it from California to Texas with no problems. didn't think i would buy a car and have it forever.

Breaking up is hard to do
By Sherry in Cambridge on 01/14/10 15:42 PM (PST)

1990 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I'm trying to find a new home for my 20 year old car with 230K miles. I love this car and wish I could buy a new one. Mine really is succumbing to the hard life in New England and I think I just have to let it go to the great racetrack in the sky.

Great car
By carjunkie on 01/01/10 16:21 PM (PST)

1990 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I read some of these reviews had to add mine. Had an '88 Integra LS and it was like a tank. Was broadsided by a semi on I-40 in an ice storm. Drove it from AR to KY for the holidays and then down to AL where I relocated. Finally had it fixed. Best car I ever had and only sold it at 137000 miles because 2d child arrived. Too much to pack 2 kids and an 80 lb dog for the trips to see the grandparents. Now I'm looking for another for those kids as they start to drive.

So Reliable
By John Leonard on 10/05/05 18:24 PM (PDT)

1990 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

Without doubt, the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. After 150,000 miles, the oil sending unit broke and at 160,000 the master cylinder needed replacement. That is all I have put into this car beyond normal maintenance.

90 ls hatch
By russ on 02/22/05 21:06 PM (PST)

1990 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I've got 176000 miles on my Integra LS. It has been a great car. Of course I've "made it my own" by adding all of the bolt on tuner parts. I beat on this car everyday and never have a problem with it. It starts everytime and runs great. Plus, it's fun to beat a new Civic with my "old" Integra.

Great import
By nakedchef22 on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car with 214ks on it. Obviously the car wasn't well maintained towards the end, because it needed some routine work (brakes, alternator, cv shafts), but otherwise the car was extremely reliable, good on gas and had some kick. Over the year and a half that I owned it, I put roughly 30,000ks on the original engine and tranny (tough to tell since the odo was broken for awhile). I'm laughing now, because just when the tranny was about to totally pack it in at 245000 clicks, i traded it straight across for a 92 fifth ave with 185,000 ks. It's not the most comfortable car in the world, but it ran great and was a total looker car.

pasadena racer
By matt perry on 03/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

ok i have had this car for a little over 2 years, and i love it. so far the only major problem has been replacing my rear brakes [rotors and pads] but thats hardly acuras fault, more mine for not replacing them sooner. but other then that a few problems have been with my transmition in the cold, and the inside fabric is pulling off of the doors. but still the power of the car is there, its quick and can kick the cra...stuff outta a civic, lol, i still stand by my lil' blue baby, hope she lasts another 150k hoping...

integra in colorado
By scottyahoo on 11/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

After 170,000 miles, I change the oil occasionally, and it still runs excellent. The value of this cars far surpasses the price I paid for it years ago.

Can't be beat !
By REL-GA on 03/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

Purchased this car in Sep 1990 and now have 195,000 miles on it. The reliability is unbelievable. It has the original clutch, alternator and exhaust system. The only money sunk into this car has been routine maintenance (oil changes/brake pads/belts/water pump). Excellent for a first time driver.

Horrible car
By nycdarkness on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

Where do I start, probably the worst car ever made from Honda/Acura. The inside feels cheap with all that plastic, the engine is loud, no cupholders, the heating system doesn't work, the defoggers don't work fast enough, and the worst is that the door locks freeze when it gets too cold. With me residing in upstate NY, I would not recommend this car to anyone that lives in a cold place. On really cold days, the car doesn't start. This car is hard to repair because the placement of the parts under the hood suck. The acceleration of this vehicle can be compared to that of a snail, I can probably run faster than this car. Makes a really good paper weight