Used 1990 Acura Integra GS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

1990 Acura Integra

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

BEEN IN THE FAMILY SINCE NEW
By bigbearhunter

1990 Acura Integra GS 2dr Hatchback

My mom bought a 1990 acura integra GS in the summer of 1989. I had never seen anything like it. It was small and sleek and yet so nimble. I wanted it. .. ten years later. I got it. I always thought I'd only have it for a few years, and that turned into 13. Now it's old now and cosmetically falling apart, but the second you turn the key and take off, all the scuffs, scratches and dings disappear. It's the most fun I've ever had driving a car. It's like a cross fit champion wearing an awkward and ill fitting suit. It's time for me to finally move on. But this car never required anything but replacement parts that couldn't last the 250k miles I put on it. Most reliable car I've ever owned.

Favorite Features

Interior aesthetics and ergonomics are still light years ahead of the chintzy Detroit models from the same era. Turning ability and speed are great. Nimble on the freeway and just as elusive in heavy street traffic.

Suggested Improvements

It's a 24 year-old car. So there's nothing to suggest for a car that's no longer made. Acura has gone backwards with horrible styling (why is does every car have a huge silve moustache now) and by eliminating the RSX. If you want a modern car to replace the Integra, you now have to go to Subaru and get a BRZ or to Ford, for the Focus st.

What a car!
By Mike

1990 Acura Integra GS 2dr Hatchback

I had to sell my 05 Sentra SE-R Spec V due to rising insurance costs and many issues with reliability. Found this nice little Integra GS for only 2k. Interior was about the only thing showing some real age on the car. Engine has run great even when I take trips from North Carolina down to South Florida. 13-16 hours nonstop, not even thinking twice about whether or not the car will make it says A LOT about the quality of this automobile. I ended up putting some money into it to fix up a few pieces of trim and the blown speakers, but that was all the car really needed. The paint has held up well over the years, the design is very modern, and the gas mileage is a life saver.

Favorite Features

Clean interior design, bought the car with the ultra rare dealer installed lip kit, 30+ mpg, and the auto belts. (Side note here, but there is a lifetime warranty on all the seat belts in the car, and I've since had the driver lap belt and passenger shoulder replaced under warranty!)

Suggested Improvements

The cloth on the driver seat LOVES to disintegrate as the car get older due to friction, had to get new cover at junkyard. More horsepower would be nice, but I've since solved that with a nice B16A swap! And one other thing, try to seek out the center console on ebay, this car has NO cupholders.

Wrecked Acura
By wapnlht

1990 Acura Integra GS 2dr Hatchback

I have driven the heck out of my car and its survived ok.But I had a few probs:a/c broke,axels replaced 3 times in 3 yrs,alt,radi,trans grinds,clutch, brakes replaced every 2k's,antenna,etc. But I love my car.It has 250k but still runs great.It had been wrecked before so it isn't perfect,but it starts up every time I turn the key.

Favorite Features

Handling,torque,Honda reliability,sweet b18a motor,resale value,seats hug you, easy to customize,the fact your driving an Acura!

Suggested Improvements

Brakes wear out quick,seat tear easy. Don't buy one from a teen boy,IT HAS BEEN RACED. I should know, I've gotten a $978 ticket for 127mph in 70mph zone!

Remarkable.
By danblackracing

1990 Acura Integra GS 2dr Hatchback

This is one of the best cars I have tested and driven daily. I have over 167,000 miles on it. I put 15,000 on myself with no other problems than a few front suspenstion bushings and a timing belt. Beautiful car!!! www.danblackracing.netfirms.com

Favorite Features

Drivers position, ease of repairs, and handleing!

Suggested Improvements

Oil filer placement if poor. I suggest getting a remote oil filter kit.

1990 Integra
By wpd

1990 Acura Integra GS 2dr Hatchback

Awesome Car. Still love it after 13 years. Just starting to have to replace some items, after 170,000 miles. Its been a true pleasure to own.