1990 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:
BEEN IN THE FAMILY SINCE NEW
By bigbearhunter on 02/25/13 08:08 AM (PST)

1990 Acura Integra GS 2dr Hatchback

My mom bought a 1990 acura integra GS in the summer of 1989. I had never seen anything like it. It was small and sleek and yet so nimble. I wanted it. .. ten years later. I got it. I always thought I'd only have it for a few years, and that turned into 13. Now it's old now and cosmetically falling apart, but the second you turn the key and take off, all the scuffs, scratches and dings disappear. It's the most fun I've ever had driving a car. It's like a cross fit champion wearing an awkward and ill fitting suit. It's time for me to finally move on. But this car never required anything but replacement parts that couldn't last the 250k miles I put on it. Most reliable car I've ever owned.

A Pretty Good Car
By David on 08/22/10 23:27 PM (PDT)

1990 Acura Integra LS 4dr Sedan

It's had fewer problems than other cars we've owned. I've done most of the work on it myself. One major problem was that it wouldn't start when hot. After checking on the Internet for a while, I fixed it at no cost by re-soldering a cracked solder joint in the main relay. Another problem was that one couldn't immediately remove the ignition key after starting the car. Again, the Internet came to the rescue and I had to clean the transmission lever electrical contacts (a lot of screws to remove to get to it). The ignition switch failed but got fixed by cleaning and lubing the contacts. A lot of work getting to it. Other problems were mostly like this, little cost but some work needed.

Never die
By joe ponce on 03/20/10 14:59 PM (PDT)

1990 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

With over 250,000 miles on it i drove it from California to Texas with no problems. didn't think i would buy a car and have it forever.

Breaking up is hard to do
By Sherry in Cambridge on 01/14/10 15:42 PM (PST)

1990 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I'm trying to find a new home for my 20 year old car with 230K miles. I love this car and wish I could buy a new one. Mine really is succumbing to the hard life in New England and I think I just have to let it go to the great racetrack in the sky.

Great car
By carjunkie on 01/01/10 16:21 PM (PST)

1990 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I read some of these reviews had to add mine. Had an '88 Integra LS and it was like a tank. Was broadsided by a semi on I-40 in an ice storm. Drove it from AR to KY for the holidays and then down to AL where I relocated. Finally had it fixed. Best car I ever had and only sold it at 137000 miles because 2d child arrived. Too much to pack 2 kids and an 80 lb dog for the trips to see the grandparents. Now I'm looking for another for those kids as they start to drive.

Post Mortem
By Chris on 11/11/08 00:38 AM (PST)

1990 Acura Integra RS 2dr Hatchback

With no A/C, a failed power seatbelt and shorting panel lights, I blew a hole in a good engine by ignoring a blinking oil lamp after 235,000 and 18 years. Sure I had drink stains from door-mounted cup holders, could never see the low fuel light in the sun, and - gee - just replaced the master cylinder this year and the 'gasket last. I'd bought my first car brand new after college, and she treated me far better than any chick in SoCal ever did. Got better mileage of late than the Cobalt I just rented. Thank you, Acura.

What a car!
By Mike on 01/20/08 21:14 PM (PST)

1990 Acura Integra GS 2dr Hatchback

I had to sell my 05 Sentra SE-R Spec V due to rising insurance costs and many issues with reliability. Found this nice little Integra GS for only 2k. Interior was about the only thing showing some real age on the car. Engine has run great even when I take trips from North Carolina down to South Florida. 13-16 hours nonstop, not even thinking twice about whether or not the car will make it says A LOT about the quality of this automobile. I ended up putting some money into it to fix up a few pieces of trim and the blown speakers, but that was all the car really needed. The paint has held up well over the years, the design is very modern, and the gas mileage is a life saver.

So Reliable
By John Leonard on 10/05/05 18:24 PM (PDT)

1990 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

Without doubt, the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. After 150,000 miles, the oil sending unit broke and at 160,000 the master cylinder needed replacement. That is all I have put into this car beyond normal maintenance.

Original owner still fun to drive
By Energy Man on 08/24/05 11:54 AM (PDT)

1990 Acura Integra LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and have used it mostly for city commuting. Mileage is going down slightly with age but can still turn a consistent 23 in city and 32 on the road. Car is fun to drive and easy to maintain for most things, but timing belt, water pump, ac compressor, CV joints are a pain. This car's reliability and the service lead me toward a 2004 TL.

90 ls hatch
By russ on 02/22/05 21:06 PM (PST)

1990 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I've got 176000 miles on my Integra LS. It has been a great car. Of course I've "made it my own" by adding all of the bolt on tuner parts. I beat on this car everyday and never have a problem with it. It starts everytime and runs great. Plus, it's fun to beat a new Civic with my "old" Integra.

1 2 3 4 5 next »