2016 Acura ILX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Acura ILX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ILX model:

Just the right car.
By Eddie Estares

2016 Acura ILX Sedan Technology Plus Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 8AM)

My 2nd Acura to date and just like the previous one, it's been great. Excellent highway mileage of 39 mi/gallon and is not a slouch if you want speed. The car handle really well around corners and have a very good braking system. We currently have 6 Honda made products; 2 Civic (2005 and 2007), 2 CRV (2009 and 2013), the Ilx, and a lawn mower and all have been super reliable. I place reliability above anything else and my experience with Honda cars have been excellent. Both Civicc and the 2009 CRV have way over 100k miles and not one ever had a single problem. I don't expect less from a Honda built automobile and I don't expect less from the Acura either.

Electronic safety systems reduce driving effort
By Bec703

2016 Acura ILX Sedan Technology Plus Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 8AM)

**NOTE** ILX not TLX -- I liked everything about this car except for a few items -. Hate the speech recognition system: doesn't recognize my commands, very inflexible command structure,. Cabin noise is to high with the premium tires, the navigation system is not compressive with current systems., even, no speed limit indication, messy to input destinations and 2nd waypoints. The good thing is Siri works well and does understand voice commands. Likes: snappy, 8 speed transmission is outstanding, Best reason to own are the electronic safety controls. These take about 50% of the effort out of long distance driving. Also getting 39 mpg on highway trips. Low roof for tall people

Midlife madness
By Fernando Rios

2016 Acura ILX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 8AM)

More for the money!!
By Dorenes car

2016 Acura ILX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 8AM)

We were searching for a good lease rate and reliable vehicle that was stylish and had good ratings. This car has a sports car feel, fun to drive, and handles beautifully (except for a small turning radius)! The stripped down version gets you a sunroof, backup camera, and very nice front seat, all safety features, great Bluetooth, all for less than many non-luxury compacts, including the Civic, which has higher lease costs and less features for the price. Well worth our investment!!

Can I have my TSX Back Please?
By Don Sutton

2016 Acura ILX Sedan Premium and A-SPEC Packages 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 8AM)

This is my 3rd Honda and my 2nd Acura. After 300K+ miles and 11 years, I gave my old 2004 TSX to my son who is still driving it.
I decided to lease a new 2016 ILX after Acura did the redesign of the exterior and put back the peppy and quick VR4 that was in my TSX.
On the plus side, the car is just like the TSX: great handling, terrific on corners and curves, super reliable, solid feel, awesome braking, beautiful long drive on the road touring vehicle, takes 5 passengers around town comfortably with room for luggage, and gets lots of compliments on the styling and interior design. Gas mileage is okay - but not the 29 mpg average promised. Only getting 27 consistently when 1-2 passengers, much less with a full car.
On the minus side, I wish the car was like the TSX: the dual screen technology seems redundant and is very distracting compared to the single touch screen the TSX had, the acceleration is hesitant - the car seems to 'think' about moving faster before it actually goes into gears. Gas mileage sucks in city driving. Freeway is 31mpg only, not the 35mpg promised.
OVERALL: Great car, just wish Honda/Acura had not removed the 'fun' and 'simple' aspect of the TSX. Sadly, sometimes I want to take back my old TSX from my son and give him the ILX....