2014 Acura ILX Consumer Review: Excellent Commuter Car

2014 Acura ILX - Consumer Review

Technology Package Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Excellent Commuter Car
By bybchucky on

2014 Acura ILX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I recently purchased an ILX with the Tech pkg, and I am very pleased with it. I had a 2008 Acura TL prior to purchasing this car, and I thought I would miss the V6 acceleration, but I honestly don't. A lot of the reviews say the 150 hp is underpowered, but I find the car to be adequate. In fact, it picks up quite nicely on the highway and I don't have trouble passing cars. The interior is nice, well built, and feels a lot wider than what the outside appearance would make you believe. The rear leg room is also excellent considering this is a compact car. As stated above, this is an excellent commuter car.

The ELS premium sound system is absolutely fantastic. Put in a CD or AUX audio for the highest quality sound bit, and it sounds like you're in a concert hall. If you ever find a DVD-audio disc, the surround sound option is a real treat. The navigation is good and will get you where you need to go, and the back-up camera with three views is also great and very helpful. Proximity key is wonderful too.

The bluetooth, while functional, is cumbersome to use. I understand they are trying to be safe, but the old system was more user friendly. I wouldn't mind an update to the navigation to make it a little more jazzed up. The road noise on SOME surfaces is really loud, although it could just be the tires. And really, memory seats and a power passenger seat should be standard on luxury cars, even at entry models. Wouldn't mind LED tail lights and white license plate lights, since most luxury car makers (even Acura with their higher-end models) have switched to those.