Used 2013 Acura ILX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Acura ILX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ILX model:

New to me ILX
By VIP

2013 Acura ILX Sedan Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2013 ILX from the dealer used with 30k miles in 2016. So far so good. I had a Honda before and loved it so figured my next step would be an Acura. First the positives: Car rides well, love the GPS, blue tooth connectivity, and voice control. For a 4 cylinder vehicle it accelerates quite quickly and is very good on gas. Also the car is spacious, it comfortably fit me plus 3 other adults on a short road trip. Now the not so good: storage is extremely limited! the car doesn't even have a place to put spare change, I literally dump everything into the center counsel. Also the USB cord is awkwardly placed, when I first test drove the car I thought it was damaged (if you've seen it you know what I mean). Lastly, I got the tech package so I have leather seats but when I first started looking I was shocked to see that the base model comes standard with cloth seats, I've never seen a luxury car with cloth seats.

2013 Acura ILX Hybrid w/ Tech Package
By Kerry Olson

2013 Acura ILX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

In April of 2015 we were in need of another car. Initially I looked at a BMW 335 and a Infintity G37 coupe, both of which I loved being a man. However I knew my wife wanted a good gas mileage that also had navigation, a CD player, heated seats, etc. I ended up choosing the ILX as it was below the book value at the time, was fully loaded, and though a hybrid it was sporty looking compared to other hybrids on the market. I also liked the option of shutting off the hybrid mode, which gives the car more umph when getting into traffic in the DFW area. On average with city and highway driving we average 39.3 MPG with the car not in hybrid mode. We have kept up with oil changes, etc and I don't know if there is a correlation or not but the car does get better mpg within the first 20% of a new oil change. The front seats are comfortable especially considering that the basis for this car is the Honda Civic. The only flaws I see are limited storage, and no leg room for an adult in the back seats. However the interior dash layout is great, the hands free is one of the best I have used, and though it takes premium gas I have never paid more than $24.00 to fill it and my wife can drive 4-6 weeks before filling. It also looks like a higher dollar car. We will always be an Acura fan due to this car.

An Excellent Car!
By geiim

2013 Acura ILX Sedan Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my ILX now for over a month and 1,500 miles. It is an excellent car. The complaints about the 2.0L engine being slow are not accurate. I find it to be very peppy and responsive. Plus I drive 64 miles back and forth from work 5 days a week and I have never gotten less than 30 MPG, with an average of 29 MPG city/hwy driving overall. The interior is of excellent quality and the ride is smooth and quiet. The electronics are excellent and the sound system is very good, I use the XM radio all the time and it never drops out. I'm 6 ft tall, 250 lbs and I fit very comfortably in the car. I've even ridden in the back seat and that was comfortable. It looks great and rides great!

Excellent value - you can't get this kind of luxury out of any other compact high-MPG sedan. Interior quality materials, all well designed and has very lush feel to it. Smooth engine, great mileage, good performance Quiet ride, good handling and good road feel without being jarred by every crack in the road. Excellent electronics and gadgets, well designed and laid out. Bluetooth works great! Sunroof, backup camera, one-touch turn signal, curved exterior mirror reveals blindspot, automatic HID headlights. Keyless entry and ignition is excellent, never need to take my keys out of my pocket. Great sporty look - like a fastback, but still is a sedan with good trunk space.

Exterior tintable mirrors Sunglass holder in ceiling. Seat position memory. Ability to have text message reply work with iPhone. But not if these things would cause the MPG to fall, or the price to rise too much (the ILX is a perfect balance right now).

Polished metal metallic/Parchment Premium Pkg.
By ilx2013je

2013 Acura ILX Sedan Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

3 months of ownership and I'm extremely satisfied with my new ILX.
Very peppy for a small 4cyl. engine. Ride and handling are very impressive.
Excellent use of space on the interior.
I'm coming from a mid-size and don't miss the little extra room I previously had.
I don't want to see many of them on the road, but everyone should give this car a try.

Styling. HID headlamps. The adjustable rear-view camera is much easier to view than my previous one. Premium Acura sound system sounds great. Beautiful, soft luxury leather. Excellent value---Acura, don't change a thing.

More storage cubbies and sunglass/garage door holder would be nice.

So excited to buy my new Acura ILX
By stevenrose

2013 Acura ILX Sedan Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned many cars from Jeeps to Volvos and I keep coming back to Honda products.
I owned a 1996 Acura Integra and I always refer to that as my favorite car.
I owned a 2007 Volvo S40 that was pretty to look at, but drove very choppy.
The 2013 Acura ILX is really smooth and fun to drive.
I have read reviews that the ILX car is a Honda Civic in a tuxedo.
What is wrong with a Honda Civic?
My 2006 Honda Civic EX Coupe drove 10 times better than my Volvo S40 and the new ILX I just purchased drives even smoother and is 10x more luxurious than my Honda was.

I think I have found that perfect blend of performance, luxury and style.
I think I might have found my new favorite car.

I love the leather interior, smooth exterior design and 17" wheels. The Premium Sound Systems is awesome and the engine runs so quiet and smooth. The push button start and the keyless entry system is also so cool. I have to upgrade my i-phone for the Blue Tooth to work, gives me an excuse to upgrade.

I love the way the car handles, however I think the steering could be a little firmer, but other than that I think the car is prerry close to perfect.