Very satisfied
By ajwhitesox on
2013 Acura ILX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)
Just purchased this car brand new... black on black tech package. Love all the tech features! Nav, weather, bluetooth audio, backup camera.... Average gas mileage combined is 30 thus far. VERY quiet on the road. I really like the way the car looks and the keyless entry on the door handle makes life easy. LOVE IT!
Favorite Features
Price was really low compared to a fully loaded lexus or infiniti. Handling is wonderful.
Suggested Improvements
The horsepower is 150 and it acts like 150. Don't buy this car if you are expecting a speed racer, go infiniti, however you pay for it in gas milege.
By acurafan13
on 05/31/12 13:26 PM (PDT)

What did you pay for your car?

By acurafan13
on 06/01/12 05:25 AM (PDT)

The average price for the new ILX with Tech is coming in at $32,500???? I am not sure why anyone would pay this amount for a glorified Civic. Decent car, but $32,500? I am a huge fan of Acura products, but I believe that Acura has lost its way with this car. A car with the same 150 (hp) as the Civic for this amount? They should have priced the car at $25,000. Then it would have been a steal. If you stay within the Honda family, there is the Accord, the Civic, the TSX. All a better value then the ILX.

By cmcadams
on 06/01/12 08:53 AM (PDT)

@acurafan13, I disagree. If you're looking at fully-loaded compacts, I think the ILX makes a compelling choice. Most buyers in this segment aren't looking for speed, since the Elantra, Focus, Corolla, Civic, Cruze, etc. all make comparable power. What separates the ILX (and Verano) from those cars is the added content. The ILX, while priced high compared to the Civic, offers a host of things added to justify the price. Compared to a top of the line Civic, the ILX adds much higher quality interior materials (better plastics, soft-touch dashboard and top door panels, higher quality leather, power drivers seat, automatic transmission with actual sport mode (holds hears for passing), a better navigation system with hard drive/8-inch screen, backup camera, keyless access with push-button start, HID headlights, LED high-mounted brake light, larger wheels, excellent Panasonic ELS surround sound system, auto up/down front passenger window, dual zone automatic climate control, slightly larger engine with more horsepower, longer warranty, likely better dealership experience, active noise cancellation, increased body rigidity, better suspension tuning, and more. Considering what it adds as a whole to the Civic without sharing ANY exterior body panels, the ILX rationale becomes more legitimate.

By acurafan13
on 06/11/12 07:47 AM (PDT)

@cmcadams. My point to your statement was that you compared the ILX to the Focus, Corolla, Cruze and Civic. All of these cars are $20,000 or less. Some of these cars actual have higher hoursepower then the ILX. My point is that the ILX is a nice car, but for $32,500 (with Tech), most folks will have a hard time spending this amount of money for a car that only has 150 HP. I call it sticker shock. The Acura TSX is a much better choice based on what you stated above. The TSX comes with most of the amenties that you list but you can still get the 2.4 engine along with a automatic and Navi -Which the ILX does not offer.

By acurafan13
on 06/04/12 12:37 PM (PDT)

@cmcadams..You compared the ILX to the Corolla, Focus, Civic and Cruize. All four of these cars are $21,000 or below in cost. My point was that the ILX is overpriced. If I am going to spend $33,000 on a new car, I would consider the Acura TSX first. You get most of what you meationed above plus get access to the 201 HP 2.4 engine, automatic with the 2.4 (Which the ILX does not offer). Another important point is that as a consumer, you can not buy the 2.4 engine in the ILX with an automatic and add in navigation. The navigation/automatic is not an option for the 2.4 engine. Since I own a 2009 Acura MDX along with a 2008 Acura TSX, I know what Acura offers when it comes to their products. I am a fan of Acura, but I still believe that anyone that is looking at a new car, will have sticker shock when it comes to the ILX. Acura claims that it starts at $25,900 but if you add in what you meationed above, your over the $33,000 mark. Acura wants to sell 30,000 or more of the ILX a year, I would be shocked to see if they hit their targets.

By acurafan13
on 06/04/12 12:35 PM (PDT)

One last point that I forgot to meation. The ILX went on sale May 22, which gave the dealership 9 days in May, including the very inportant Memorial day sales event to sell the new ILX. They only sold 168 of them (nationally). Again, decent car but overpriced.

By halebop305
on 06/11/12 14:55 PM (PDT)

I agree with acurafan13 EXCEPT - I really like the way the ILX looks compared to the TSX (and better gas mileage is nice too). My "smart" part knows the TSX is the better choice - especially since there are deals to be had. But my emotional side just loves the way the ILX looks... That being said, I think it's about $3-$4K overpriced. I'm looking to buy in about 6 months. Will that be long enough for Acura to have a real feel for how well the car is doing? If it's not meeting expectations, would there be a chance for incentives or deals to bring down a couple of thousand? I'm interested in the automatic (not hybrid) 2.0 with tech package. The MSRP (with destination) is $32,295. Invoice (with destination) is $30,438 and Edmunds lists TMV (with destination) as $31,674. I'd want it for $30K MAX (including destination) which is a smidge below the invoice. Honestly speaking - should I probably not get my hopes up that it could be swung in 6 months for that price or is it a realistic possibility?

By acurafan13
on 06/27/12 06:57 AM (PDT)

halebop305...Hang in there...I do not believe that Acura will be moving too many of these cars based on the high price tag. I believe that incentives will start showing up within the next month. The real success that Acura is having is with the new RDX. They are selling very well based on the redesign, increase in HP and MPG. They should have brought the ILX in at $28K loaded with the 2.4L engine. At that point, I believe that their sales would be much higher.

By acurafan13
on 07/03/12 13:03 PM (PDT)

Honda just released their June sales numbers. It appears that most buyers agree that the ILX is way overpriced. Acura only sold 1100 nationwide after 6 weeks of advertising. I would not be shocked to see incentives for the ILX to start this month.. At the rate that the ILX is selling, Acura will only hit 12,000 sales a year. No where near their goal of between 40-50K sales for the ILX. The Acura TL and TSX are still better cars for the money!

By hleong
on 07/27/12 16:48 PM (PDT)

These are the features TSX doesn't have comparing to ILX:- 1. TSX is a at least 3 years old design 2. ILX comes with smartkey, push button to start/stop engine 3. One touch to lock/unlock car 4. More fuel efficiency, though less horse power 5. Does TSX has backup camera? - not sure 6. Has hybrid option

By acurafan13
on 10/17/12 10:29 AM (PDT)

Now that Honda has come out with their new Accord, the ILX is really overpriced for what it is offering. The new Accord comes standard with a lot of the same goodies that the ILX has including a back-up camera. The new Accord Sport even gets 36 miles highway which is better then the ILX and only cost $24500........

By zcrazi
on 08/10/12 19:51 PM (PDT)

I wouldn't buy either one...ILX or TSX, for $33000 I will buy the Altima SL with all the bells and whistles that ILX and TSX doesn't even offer and it is much more powerfull too.

By mannyg809
on 03/03/13 20:24 PM (PST)

I recently bought this car, the ILX with TECH. I have been driving the car for a week. I love the car because it reminds me of the 2006 TSX that I had which was the same model through 2008. I don't feel that I am driving a Honda Civic. I looked at many cars in the same class and they were on the high 20's. I do feel that the car is a little bit over priced. I leased the vehicle and got a decent deal, I would not finance it. My old TSX had few additional things than this car does not have. For example, this car does not have the sun glass holder, it only has one charger. The center console feels small. The rear seat does not split half or you cannot access the trunk from the back seat. I think that high 20's would been a fair price to pay considering that you can purchase a Honda accord loaded for the same price and you will get the same quality.