2013 Acura ILX Consumer Review: Excellet Commuter Car

2013 Acura ILX Hybrid - Consumer Review

Excellet Commuter Car
By bybchucky on

2013 Acura ILX Hybrid w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I recently purchased a 2013 ILX with the Tech pkg, and I am very pleased with it. I had a 2008 Acura TL prior to purchasing this car, and I thought I would miss the V6 acceleration, but I honestly don't. A lot of the reviews say the 150 hp is underpowered, but I find the car to be adequate. In fact, it picks up quite nicely on the highway and I don't have trouble passing cars. The interior is nice, well built, and feels a lot wider than what the outside appearance would make you believe. The rear leg room is also excellent considering this is a compact car. As stated above, this is an excellent commuter car.

The ELS premium sound system is absolutely fantastic. Put in a CD or AUX audio for the highest quality sound bit, and it sounds like you're in a concert hall. If you ever find a DVD-audio disc, the surround sound option is a real treat. The navigation is good and will get you where you need to go, and the back-up camera with three views is also great and very helpful. Proximity key is wonderful too.

The bluetooth, while functional, is cumbersome to use. I understand they are trying to be safe, but the old system was more user friendly. I wouldn't mind an update to the navigation to make it a little more jazzed up. The road noise on SOME surfaces is really loud, although it could just be the tires. And really, memory seats and a power passenger seat should be standard on luxury cars, even at entry models.