An Excellent Car!
By geiim on
2013 Acura ILX Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)
I have had my ILX now for over a month and 1,500 miles. It is an excellent car. The complaints about the 2.0L engine being slow are not accurate. I find it to be very peppy and responsive. Plus I drive 64 miles back and forth from work 5 days a week and I have never gotten less than 30 MPG, with an average of 29 MPG city/hwy driving overall. The interior is of excellent quality and the ride is smooth and quiet. The electronics are excellent and the sound system is very good, I use the XM radio all the time and it never drops out. I'm 6 ft tall, 250 lbs and I fit very comfortably in the car. I've even ridden in the back seat and that was comfortable. It looks great and rides great!
Favorite Features
Excellent value - you can't get this kind of luxury out of any other compact high-MPG sedan. Interior quality materials, all well designed and has very lush feel to it. Smooth engine, great mileage, good performance Quiet ride, good handling and good road feel without being jarred by every crack in the road. Excellent electronics and gadgets, well designed and laid out. Bluetooth works great! Sunroof, backup camera, one-touch turn signal, curved exterior mirror reveals blindspot, automatic HID headlights. Keyless entry and ignition is excellent, never need to take my keys out of my pocket. Great sporty look - like a fastback, but still is a sedan with good trunk space.
Suggested Improvements
Exterior tintable mirrors Sunglass holder in ceiling. Seat position memory. Ability to have text message reply work with iPhone. But not if these things would cause the MPG to fall, or the price to rise too much (the ILX is a perfect balance right now).