Used 2013 Acura ILX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Acura Ilx - Consumer Reviews

2013 Acura ILX

View reviews for a specific ILX model:

So excited to buy my new Acura ILX
By stevenrose

2013 Acura ILX Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned many cars from Jeeps to Volvos and I keep coming back to Honda products. I owned a 1996 Acura Integra and I always refer to that as my favorite car. I owned a 2007 Volvo S40 that was pretty to look at, but drove very choppy. The 2013 Acura ILX is really smooth and fun to drive. I have read reviews that the ILX car is a Honda Civic in a tuxedo. What is wrong with a Honda Civic? My 2006 Honda Civic EX Coupe drove 10 times better than my Volvo S40 and the new ILX I just purchased drives even smoother and is 10x more luxurious than my Honda was. I think I have found that perfect blend of performance, luxury and style. I think I might have found my new favorite car.

Favorite Features

I love the leather interior, smooth exterior design and 17" wheels. The Premium Sound Systems is awesome and the engine runs so quiet and smooth. The push button start and the keyless entry system is also so cool. I have to upgrade my i-phone for the Blue Tooth to work, gives me an excuse to upgrade.

Suggested Improvements

I love the way the car handles, however I think the steering could be a little firmer, but other than that I think the car is prerry close to perfect.

Happy with my Acura ILX after 4000 miles
By jeepcolorado

2013 Acura ILX Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased the Acura ILX after owning a Jeep Grand Cherokee for seven years. I really wanted a new JGC Overland, but decided it made more economic sense to look for a comfortable 60 miles/day commuter that would still give the feeling I was driving a solid entry level luxury car with most of todays tech features. The ILX has a very well engineered interior that seems well above the luxury level of a Civic or other lower end cars and in line with most other cars up to about 40K. It is a very pleasant place to relax while commuting a couple of hours a day. With a low 30's budget I compared against the Audi A3, VW GTI, Lexus 250H, and Suburu Outback and decided this was the best choice.

Favorite Features

The interior with exceptional sound system and solid tech engineering and layout sold me on this car. The ILX is not a 0-60 performance car, but it does perform very smoothly with more than adequate power to not constantly be wishing for more power to get safely on the highways or make other quick manuvers. It will effortlessly cruise at 80, and handled quite well when I pushed it on some curvy mountain roads on a great road trip to Colorado.

Suggested Improvements

I have read numerous reviews that say the performance or luxury level is not commensurate with its price level, but I could not find all around better at this price level. The A3 had more zip with its turbo 2.0, but with same level of tech it was more like mid 30's so one would be trading interior tech for engine performance, not to mention that the interior did not seem near as well designed, or to have the expected reliability of the ILX. Bottom line is this is a great car if the best 0-60 times is not your prime criteria. For day-to-day commuting I do not miss the 5.9 0-60 straight line sprint of my old hemi jeep, and would not even trade it for my wife's even faster/better G37S.

Acura ILX Impressions after first month
By hondafan30

2013 Acura ILX Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

The Ilx is a great car. I am a Honda/Acura fan which is a big part of why I purchased this car. You can get more car for the money with Toyota, Honda or Nissan any day, but if you want the Acura badge and build quality you pay the premium. The car handles extremely well, road noise is pretty low and the interior is one of the most comfortable and aesthetically appealing of any car I have owned. The interior isn't large but its done very well. I really enjoy driving this car and it gets its fair share of looks. Don't judge this car by pictures, I went to the dealer to buy a tsx and left with this because when I saw it the body styling really hooked me in. It is definitely not a rebadged civic

Favorite Features

it has pretty much the same stuff you would find in a top of the line Honda, Toyota or Nissan. The leather in Acuras is exceptional I will add. The stereo that comes with the premium package is amazing.

Suggested Improvements

The engine is a little on the lackluster end (150hp). Acura has not yet incorporated LED running lights into its line up yet.

Getting 43 Mpg on daily commute
By mahowald

2013 Acura ILX Hybrid w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love this car. Gas mileage, suspension, and stereo are great. Bluetooth integration and Pandora integration work perfectly. Suspension and noise cancellation work amazingly well. Although it looks small, it has plenty of room and has always been big enough. Gas mileage has been from 42 to 45 without really trying.

Favorite Features

Phone integration, Pandora, Suspension

Suggested Improvements

Passenger seat needs a height adjustment

Driving this car to work everyday....
By hleong

2013 Acura ILX Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

This is the second month I am driving this car to work, everyday for 70 miles. Certainly don't feel like driving a Civic. Indeed, I owned a 2 doors Accord for 9 years and ILX is way more luxury than Accord, hence I don't know why people said it is just an upscale Civic?! Drive before you judge.... Compare to Lexus CT200h and CT200h is not even close to ILX, in luxury and design. ILX designers/engineers are really serious in doing the job and they do it very well.

Favorite Features

1. Backup camera 2. Shifting paddles 3. iPhone/iPod friendly console, able to show iPhone song title, even in Chinese. Able to show picture on the audio control screen 4. One touch moon, driver/front passenger window open/close 5. Smartkey button, no need key needed to ignite the engine 6. One touch handle locking the door 7. Bluetooth cellphone connect 8. LED light 9. Car seat is very comfy

Suggested Improvements

1. Place to put coin 2. Garage door control on Premium package