2013 Acura ILX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ILX model:
An Excellent Car!
By geiim on 01/28/13 14:22 PM (PST)

2013 Acura ILX Sedan Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my ILX now for over a month and 1,500 miles. It is an excellent car. The complaints about the 2.0L engine being slow are not accurate. I find it to be very peppy and responsive. Plus I drive 64 miles back and forth from work 5 days a week and I have never gotten less than 30 MPG, with an average of 29 MPG city/hwy driving overall. The interior is of excellent quality and the ride is smooth and quiet. The electronics are excellent and the sound system is very good, I use the XM radio all the time and it never drops out. I'm 6 ft tall, 250 lbs and I fit very comfortably in the car. I've even ridden in the back seat and that was comfortable. It looks great and rides great!

Polished metal metallic/Parchment Premium Pkg.
By ilx2013je on 01/21/13 07:00 AM (PST)

2013 Acura ILX Sedan Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

3 months of ownership and I'm extremely satisfied with my new ILX. Very peppy for a small 4cyl. engine. Ride and handling are very impressive. Excellent use of space on the interior. I'm coming from a mid-size and don't miss the little extra room I previously had. I don't want to see many of them on the road, but everyone should give this car a try.

So excited to buy my new Acura ILX
By stevenrose on 11/10/12 13:43 PM (PST)

2013 Acura ILX Sedan Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned many cars from Jeeps to Volvos and I keep coming back to Honda products. I owned a 1996 Acura Integra and I always refer to that as my favorite car. I owned a 2007 Volvo S40 that was pretty to look at, but drove very choppy. The 2013 Acura ILX is really smooth and fun to drive. I have read reviews that the ILX car is a Honda Civic in a tuxedo. What is wrong with a Honda Civic? My 2006 Honda Civic EX Coupe drove 10 times better than my Volvo S40 and the new ILX I just purchased drives even smoother and is 10x more luxurious than my Honda was. I think I have found that perfect blend of performance, luxury and style. I think I might have found my new favorite car.

Happy with my Acura ILX after 4000 miles
By jeepcolorado on 09/15/12 20:54 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura ILX Sedan Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased the Acura ILX after owning a Jeep Grand Cherokee for seven years. I really wanted a new JGC Overland, but decided it made more economic sense to look for a comfortable 60 miles/day commuter that would still give the feeling I was driving a solid entry level luxury car with most of todays tech features. The ILX has a very well engineered interior that seems well above the luxury level of a Civic or other lower end cars and in line with most other cars up to about 40K. It is a very pleasant place to relax while commuting a couple of hours a day. With a low 30's budget I compared against the Audi A3, VW GTI, Lexus 250H, and Suburu Outback and decided this was the best choice.

Acura ILX Impressions after first month
By hondafan30 on 09/07/12 18:14 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura ILX Sedan Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

The Ilx is a great car. I am a Honda/Acura fan which is a big part of why I purchased this car. You can get more car for the money with Toyota, Honda or Nissan any day, but if you want the Acura badge and build quality you pay the premium. The car handles extremely well, road noise is pretty low and the interior is one of the most comfortable and aesthetically appealing of any car I have owned. The interior isn't large but its done very well. I really enjoy driving this car and it gets its fair share of looks. Don't judge this car by pictures, I went to the dealer to buy a tsx and left with this because when I saw it the body styling really hooked me in. It is definitely not a rebadged civic

Driving this car to work everyday....
By hleong on 07/26/12 17:00 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura ILX Sedan Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

This is the second month I am driving this car to work, everyday for 70 miles. Certainly don't feel like driving a Civic. Indeed, I owned a 2 doors Accord for 9 years and ILX is way more luxury than Accord, hence I don't know why people said it is just an upscale Civic?! Drive before you judge.... Compare to Lexus CT200h and CT200h is not even close to ILX, in luxury and design. ILX designers/engineers are really serious in doing the job and they do it very well.

Go fast with looks
By central25thst on 07/22/12 13:33 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura ILX Sedan Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Grown up with a 6 speed. Smooth shifting tranny. Soft touches allover. Smart phone integration is incredible.

IN LOVE WITH THIS CAR!! ITS A HEAD TURNER!
By ohmygoshitsme on 06/21/12 19:59 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura ILX Sedan Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

My dad and I spent months trying to find the perfect car to me. When I finally sat in this one at the dealership, things just clicked and I knew that this was the one. I love the sleek, exterior design, and the interior has really nice, soft leather. Now I'll never get lost thanks to my navigation, and lovely backup camera!!! I just wish this car had blind spot monitors and had memory seating feature, so I wouldn't have to adjust it everytime someone sits in my car! Also, I don't like how the front and wheel interior is black and the rest of my car is beige! But otherwise, amazing performance and a real money saver when it comes to gas. Couldn't be happier with it! Love my birthday present

Surely NOT just a "glorified Civic"
By boudouris_3 on 06/19/12 07:10 AM (PDT)

2013 Acura ILX Sedan Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Just upgraded from my 5-spd Saab 9-3 sedan to a brand new Acura ilx w/premium package and the 2.4L 6-spd engine. The premium package comes with nearly everything that you could ask for minus navigation. Very nice engine note that gives the car some personality without sounding like a cheap tuner. The only knock I could say about the ilx is the interior space which is expected to be small due to the price point and market that Acura intends to target. If you're in your 20s or early 30s and are looking for something fun to drive without sacrificing the luxury amenities, look no further than the ilx. Oh and by the way, I'm getting 35-40 highway mpg.

Very satisfied
By ajwhitesox on 05/31/12 06:28 AM (PDT)

2013 Acura ILX Sedan Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Just purchased this car brand new... black on black tech package. Love all the tech features! Nav, weather, bluetooth audio, backup camera.... Average gas mileage combined is 30 thus far. VERY quiet on the road. I really like the way the car looks and the keyless entry on the door handle makes life easy. LOVE IT!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Acura ILX Sedan in VA is:

$163 per month*