Used 2013 Acura ILX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Acura ILX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ILX model:

An Excellent Car!
By geiim

2013 Acura ILX Sedan Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my ILX now for over a month and 1,500 miles. It is an excellent car. The complaints about the 2.0L engine being slow are not accurate. I find it to be very peppy and responsive. Plus I drive 64 miles back and forth from work 5 days a week and I have never gotten less than 30 MPG, with an average of 29 MPG city/hwy driving overall. The interior is of excellent quality and the ride is smooth and quiet. The electronics are excellent and the sound system is very good, I use the XM radio all the time and it never drops out. I'm 6 ft tall, 250 lbs and I fit very comfortably in the car. I've even ridden in the back seat and that was comfortable. It looks great and rides great!

Excellent value - you can't get this kind of luxury out of any other compact high-MPG sedan. Interior quality materials, all well designed and has very lush feel to it. Smooth engine, great mileage, good performance Quiet ride, good handling and good road feel without being jarred by every crack in the road. Excellent electronics and gadgets, well designed and laid out. Bluetooth works great! Sunroof, backup camera, one-touch turn signal, curved exterior mirror reveals blindspot, automatic HID headlights. Keyless entry and ignition is excellent, never need to take my keys out of my pocket. Great sporty look - like a fastback, but still is a sedan with good trunk space.

Exterior tintable mirrors Sunglass holder in ceiling. Seat position memory. Ability to have text message reply work with iPhone. But not if these things would cause the MPG to fall, or the price to rise too much (the ILX is a perfect balance right now).

Polished metal metallic/Parchment Premium Pkg.
By ilx2013je

2013 Acura ILX Sedan Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

3 months of ownership and I'm extremely satisfied with my new ILX. Very peppy for a small 4cyl. engine. Ride and handling are very impressive. Excellent use of space on the interior. I'm coming from a mid-size and don't miss the little extra room I previously had. I don't want to see many of them on the road, but everyone should give this car a try.

Styling. HID headlamps. The adjustable rear-view camera is much easier to view than my previous one. Premium Acura sound system sounds great. Beautiful, soft luxury leather. Excellent value---Acura, don't change a thing.

More storage cubbies and sunglass/garage door holder would be nice.

So excited to buy my new Acura ILX
By stevenrose

2013 Acura ILX Sedan Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned many cars from Jeeps to Volvos and I keep coming back to Honda products. I owned a 1996 Acura Integra and I always refer to that as my favorite car. I owned a 2007 Volvo S40 that was pretty to look at, but drove very choppy. The 2013 Acura ILX is really smooth and fun to drive. I have read reviews that the ILX car is a Honda Civic in a tuxedo. What is wrong with a Honda Civic? My 2006 Honda Civic EX Coupe drove 10 times better than my Volvo S40 and the new ILX I just purchased drives even smoother and is 10x more luxurious than my Honda was. I think I have found that perfect blend of performance, luxury and style. I think I might have found my new favorite car.

I love the leather interior, smooth exterior design and 17" wheels. The Premium Sound Systems is awesome and the engine runs so quiet and smooth. The push button start and the keyless entry system is also so cool. I have to upgrade my i-phone for the Blue Tooth to work, gives me an excuse to upgrade.

I love the way the car handles, however I think the steering could be a little firmer, but other than that I think the car is prerry close to perfect.

Happy with my Acura ILX after 4000 miles
By jeepcolorado

2013 Acura ILX Sedan Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased the Acura ILX after owning a Jeep Grand Cherokee for seven years. I really wanted a new JGC Overland, but decided it made more economic sense to look for a comfortable 60 miles/day commuter that would still give the feeling I was driving a solid entry level luxury car with most of todays tech features. The ILX has a very well engineered interior that seems well above the luxury level of a Civic or other lower end cars and in line with most other cars up to about 40K. It is a very pleasant place to relax while commuting a couple of hours a day. With a low 30's budget I compared against the Audi A3, VW GTI, Lexus 250H, and Suburu Outback and decided this was the best choice.

The interior with exceptional sound system and solid tech engineering and layout sold me on this car. The ILX is not a 0-60 performance car, but it does perform very smoothly with more than adequate power to not constantly be wishing for more power to get safely on the highways or make other quick manuvers. It will effortlessly cruise at 80, and handled quite well when I pushed it on some curvy mountain roads on a great road trip to Colorado.

I have read numerous reviews that say the performance or luxury level is not commensurate with its price level, but I could not find all around better at this price level. The A3 had more zip with its turbo 2.0, but with same level of tech it was more like mid 30's so one would be trading interior tech for engine performance, not to mention that the interior did not seem near as well designed, or to have the expected reliability of the ILX. Bottom line is this is a great car if the best 0-60 times is not your prime criteria. For day-to-day commuting I do not miss the 5.9 0-60 straight line sprint of my old hemi jeep, and would not even trade it for my wife's even faster/better G37S.

Acura ILX Impressions after first month
By hondafan30

2013 Acura ILX Sedan Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

The Ilx is a great car. I am a Honda/Acura fan which is a big part of why I purchased this car. You can get more car for the money with Toyota, Honda or Nissan any day, but if you want the Acura badge and build quality you pay the premium. The car handles extremely well, road noise is pretty low and the interior is one of the most comfortable and aesthetically appealing of any car I have owned. The interior isn't large but its done very well. I really enjoy driving this car and it gets its fair share of looks. Don't judge this car by pictures, I went to the dealer to buy a tsx and left with this because when I saw it the body styling really hooked me in. It is definitely not a rebadged civic

it has pretty much the same stuff you would find in a top of the line Honda, Toyota or Nissan. The leather in Acuras is exceptional I will add. The stereo that comes with the premium package is amazing.

The engine is a little on the lackluster end (150hp). Acura has not yet incorporated LED running lights into its line up yet.