Used 2013 Acura ILX Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Acura ILX - Consumer Reviews

2013 Acura ILX

View reviews for a specific ILX model:

2013 Acura ILX Hybrid w/ Tech Package
By Kerry Olson

2013 Acura ILX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

In April of 2015 we were in need of another car. Initially I looked at a BMW 335 and a Infintity G37 coupe, both of which I loved being a man. However I knew my wife wanted a good gas mileage that also had navigation, a CD player, heated seats, etc. I ended up choosing the ILX as it was below the book value at the time, was fully loaded, and though a hybrid it was sporty looking compared to other hybrids on the market. I also liked the option of shutting off the hybrid mode, which gives the car more umph when getting into traffic in the DFW area. On average with city and highway driving we average 39.3 MPG with the car not in hybrid mode. We have kept up with oil changes, etc and I don't know if there is a correlation or not but the car does get better mpg within the first 20% of a new oil change. The front seats are comfortable especially considering that the basis for this car is the Honda Civic. The only flaws I see are limited storage, and no leg room for an adult in the back seats. However the interior dash layout is great, the hands free is one of the best I have used, and though it takes premium gas I have never paid more than $24.00 to fill it and my wife can drive 4-6 weeks before filling. It also looks like a higher dollar car. We will always be an Acura fan due to this car.

Peppy Hybrid that Turns Heads
By bayareamom

2013 Acura ILX Hybrid w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We bought our ILX used and have been incredibly pleased with it thus far. As a former Prius owner, I feel much cooler driving this sporty Acura, although I do miss the 50+ mpg of the Prius. It's fun to drive, handles well, stops on a dime, and has all of the modern features you'd expect from an Acura. I primarily drive around town (about 90% of the time) with lots of stopping and am averaging about 37-38 mpg. I love the simplicity of the interior, which is easy to use and not as bright or busy as some of the other models we looked at. I hope this awesome car continues to fly under the radar so I'll continue to be one of the only ones on the road driving it!

Technology package - bluetooth, back up camera, GPS, garage door opener, etc. Heated seats, sunroof, great gas milage.

My only complaint - the trunk is on the small side. The battery takes up part of the trunk space and leaves a smaller area for storage and groceries.

Excellet Commuter Car
By bybchucky

I recently purchased a 2013 ILX with the Tech pkg, and I am very pleased with it. I had a 2008 Acura TL prior to purchasing this car, and I thought I would miss the V6 acceleration, but I honestly don't. A lot of the reviews say the 150 hp is underpowered, but I find the car to be adequate. In fact, it picks up quite nicely on the highway and I don't have trouble passing cars. The interior is nice, well built, and feels a lot wider than what the outside appearance would make you believe. The rear leg room is also excellent considering this is a compact car. As stated above, this is an excellent commuter car.

The ELS premium sound system is absolutely fantastic. Put in a CD or AUX audio for the highest quality sound bit, and it sounds like you're in a concert hall. If you ever find a DVD-audio disc, the surround sound option is a real treat. The navigation is good and will get you where you need to go, and the back-up camera with three views is also great and very helpful. Proximity key is wonderful too.

The bluetooth, while functional, is cumbersome to use. I understand they are trying to be safe, but the old system was more user friendly. I wouldn't mind an update to the navigation to make it a little more jazzed up. The road noise on SOME surfaces is really loud, although it could just be the tires. And really, memory seats and a power passenger seat should be standard on luxury cars, even at entry models.

best deal in town if you do your homework
By sethwas

2013 Acura ILX Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

How to sum this car up - there are no other vehicles in this size that have this many features at this price.
That could be good or bad.
There are larger vehicles that have this many features at this price (with no gas mileage penalty) and there are plenty of vehicles that are this size that are less expensive and have less features.
So if you could lease a Civic EX-L or a premium package ILX (same monthly payment after you factor in gas and insurance) which would you choose?
If you could buy a loaded Accord or Mazda6 for the same price which would you choose?
Does the badge or dealer experience matter?
All are amazing vehicles - you just need to decide where you want to be.

Sexy looks, fabulous headlights, great reception for analog FM although that is not much of a consolation prize for not having an HD radio, adults can actually sit in the back seat, all the tech you would want in a car, a real connected driving experience is a feature and this item is missing in the Buick which people like to compare this car to. Of course the Buick is far far quieter and smoother over road imperfections and that is a feature that this Acura lacks. It is acceptably quiet <40mph, dual climate control is nice (why in a small vehicle?), functional backup cam, bluetooth and ipod/iphone interface 'just works', all needed buttons on wheel (except HVAC), curb appeal

narrower A pillars, split rear seat, rear seatbelts are hidden under booster seat, rear seatback bad angle for car seat, lower headrests for front seats (currently the lowest setting is too high), better road noise isolation (wind and engine volume is perfect), better impact absorption, better console shifter park release, no premium gas, AT for sport model, digital speedo, hybrid should cost no different than sport model, roof too low for driver (when sitting closed sun visor too close to face), lower door sills, lower cowl (less cramped feeling) memory seats, HD radio, a tray or storage area in the front of the car (aside from cupholder or glove compartment) -review not of hybrid model

An Excellent Car!
By geiim

2013 Acura ILX Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my ILX now for over a month and 1,500 miles. It is an excellent car. The complaints about the 2.0L engine being slow are not accurate. I find it to be very peppy and responsive. Plus I drive 64 miles back and forth from work 5 days a week and I have never gotten less than 30 MPG, with an average of 29 MPG city/hwy driving overall. The interior is of excellent quality and the ride is smooth and quiet. The electronics are excellent and the sound system is very good, I use the XM radio all the time and it never drops out. I'm 6 ft tall, 250 lbs and I fit very comfortably in the car. I've even ridden in the back seat and that was comfortable. It looks great and rides great!

Excellent value - you can't get this kind of luxury out of any other compact high-MPG sedan. Interior quality materials, all well designed and has very lush feel to it. Smooth engine, great mileage, good performance Quiet ride, good handling and good road feel without being jarred by every crack in the road. Excellent electronics and gadgets, well designed and laid out. Bluetooth works great! Sunroof, backup camera, one-touch turn signal, curved exterior mirror reveals blindspot, automatic HID headlights. Keyless entry and ignition is excellent, never need to take my keys out of my pocket. Great sporty look - like a fastback, but still is a sedan with good trunk space.

Exterior tintable mirrors Sunglass holder in ceiling. Seat position memory. Ability to have text message reply work with iPhone. But not if these things would cause the MPG to fall, or the price to rise too much (the ILX is a perfect balance right now).