Used 2013 Acura ILX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Acura ILX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ILX model:

Peppy Hybrid that Turns Heads
By bayareamom

2013 Acura ILX Hybrid w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We bought our ILX used and have been incredibly pleased with it thus far. As a former Prius owner, I feel much cooler driving this sporty Acura, although I do miss the 50+ mpg of the Prius. It's fun to drive, handles well, stops on a dime, and has all of the modern features you'd expect from an Acura. I primarily drive around town (about 90% of the time) with lots of stopping and am averaging about 37-38 mpg. I love the simplicity of the interior, which is easy to use and not as bright or busy as some of the other models we looked at. I hope this awesome car continues to fly under the radar so I'll continue to be one of the only ones on the road driving it!

Technology package - bluetooth, back up camera, GPS, garage door opener, etc. Heated seats, sunroof, great gas milage.

My only complaint - the trunk is on the small side. The battery takes up part of the trunk space and leaves a smaller area for storage and groceries.

Excellet Commuter Car
By bybchucky

I recently purchased a 2013 ILX with the Tech pkg, and I am very pleased with it. I had a 2008 Acura TL prior to purchasing this car, and I thought I would miss the V6 acceleration, but I honestly don't. A lot of the reviews say the 150 hp is underpowered, but I find the car to be adequate. In fact, it picks up quite nicely on the highway and I don't have trouble passing cars. The interior is nice, well built, and feels a lot wider than what the outside appearance would make you believe. The rear leg room is also excellent considering this is a compact car. As stated above, this is an excellent commuter car.

The ELS premium sound system is absolutely fantastic. Put in a CD or AUX audio for the highest quality sound bit, and it sounds like you're in a concert hall. If you ever find a DVD-audio disc, the surround sound option is a real treat. The navigation is good and will get you where you need to go, and the back-up camera with three views is also great and very helpful. Proximity key is wonderful too.

The bluetooth, while functional, is cumbersome to use. I understand they are trying to be safe, but the old system was more user friendly. I wouldn't mind an update to the navigation to make it a little more jazzed up. The road noise on SOME surfaces is really loud, although it could just be the tires. And really, memory seats and a power passenger seat should be standard on luxury cars, even at entry models.

best deal in town if you do your homework
By sethwas

2013 Acura ILX Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

How to sum this car up - there are no other vehicles in this size that have this many features at this price. That could be good or bad. There are larger vehicles that have this many features at this price (with no gas mileage penalty) and there are plenty of vehicles that are this size that are less expensive and have less features. So if you could lease a Civic EX-L or a premium package ILX (same monthly payment after you factor in gas and insurance) which would you choose? If you could buy a loaded Accord or Mazda6 for the same price which would you choose? Does the badge or dealer experience matter? All are amazing vehicles - you just need to decide where you want to be.

Sexy looks, fabulous headlights, great reception for analog FM although that is not much of a consolation prize for not having an HD radio, adults can actually sit in the back seat, all the tech you would want in a car, a real connected driving experience is a feature and this item is missing in the Buick which people like to compare this car to. Of course the Buick is far far quieter and smoother over road imperfections and that is a feature that this Acura lacks. It is acceptably quiet <40mph, dual climate control is nice (why in a small vehicle?), functional backup cam, bluetooth and ipod/iphone interface 'just works', all needed buttons on wheel (except HVAC), curb appeal

narrower A pillars, split rear seat, rear seatbelts are hidden under booster seat, rear seatback bad angle for car seat, lower headrests for front seats (currently the lowest setting is too high), better road noise isolation (wind and engine volume is perfect), better impact absorption, better console shifter park release, no premium gas, AT for sport model, digital speedo, hybrid should cost no different than sport model, roof too low for driver (when sitting closed sun visor too close to face), lower door sills, lower cowl (less cramped feeling) memory seats, HD radio, a tray or storage area in the front of the car (aside from cupholder or glove compartment) -review not of hybrid model

An Excellent Car!
By geiim

2013 Acura ILX Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my ILX now for over a month and 1,500 miles. It is an excellent car. The complaints about the 2.0L engine being slow are not accurate. I find it to be very peppy and responsive. Plus I drive 64 miles back and forth from work 5 days a week and I have never gotten less than 30 MPG, with an average of 29 MPG city/hwy driving overall. The interior is of excellent quality and the ride is smooth and quiet. The electronics are excellent and the sound system is very good, I use the XM radio all the time and it never drops out. I'm 6 ft tall, 250 lbs and I fit very comfortably in the car. I've even ridden in the back seat and that was comfortable. It looks great and rides great!

Excellent value - you can't get this kind of luxury out of any other compact high-MPG sedan. Interior quality materials, all well designed and has very lush feel to it. Smooth engine, great mileage, good performance Quiet ride, good handling and good road feel without being jarred by every crack in the road. Excellent electronics and gadgets, well designed and laid out. Bluetooth works great! Sunroof, backup camera, one-touch turn signal, curved exterior mirror reveals blindspot, automatic HID headlights. Keyless entry and ignition is excellent, never need to take my keys out of my pocket. Great sporty look - like a fastback, but still is a sedan with good trunk space.

Exterior tintable mirrors Sunglass holder in ceiling. Seat position memory. Ability to have text message reply work with iPhone. But not if these things would cause the MPG to fall, or the price to rise too much (the ILX is a perfect balance right now).

Polished metal metallic/Parchment Premium Pkg.
By ilx2013je

2013 Acura ILX Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

3 months of ownership and I'm extremely satisfied with my new ILX. Very peppy for a small 4cyl. engine. Ride and handling are very impressive. Excellent use of space on the interior. I'm coming from a mid-size and don't miss the little extra room I previously had. I don't want to see many of them on the road, but everyone should give this car a try.

Styling. HID headlamps. The adjustable rear-view camera is much easier to view than my previous one. Premium Acura sound system sounds great. Beautiful, soft luxury leather. Excellent value---Acura, don't change a thing.

More storage cubbies and sunglass/garage door holder would be nice.