2013 Acura ILX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ILX model:
Excellet Commuter Car
By bybchucky on 09/13/13 16:04 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura ILX Hybrid w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I recently purchased a 2013 ILX with the Tech pkg, and I am very pleased with it. I had a 2008 Acura TL prior to purchasing this car, and I thought I would miss the V6 acceleration, but I honestly don't. A lot of the reviews say the 150 hp is underpowered, but I find the car to be adequate. In fact, it picks up quite nicely on the highway and I don't have trouble passing cars. The interior is nice, well built, and feels a lot wider than what the outside appearance would make you believe. The rear leg room is also excellent considering this is a compact car. As stated above, this is an excellent commuter car.

best deal in town if you do your homework
By sethwas on 04/22/13 07:52 AM (PDT)

2013 Acura ILX Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

How to sum this car up - there are no other vehicles in this size that have this many features at this price. That could be good or bad. There are larger vehicles that have this many features at this price (with no gas mileage penalty) and there are plenty of vehicles that are this size that are less expensive and have less features. So if you could lease a Civic EX-L or a premium package ILX (same monthly payment after you factor in gas and insurance) which would you choose? If you could buy a loaded Accord or Mazda6 for the same price which would you choose? Does the badge or dealer experience matter? All are amazing vehicles - you just need to decide where you want to be.

An Excellent Car!
By geiim on 01/28/13 14:22 PM (PST)

2013 Acura ILX Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my ILX now for over a month and 1,500 miles. It is an excellent car. The complaints about the 2.0L engine being slow are not accurate. I find it to be very peppy and responsive. Plus I drive 64 miles back and forth from work 5 days a week and I have never gotten less than 30 MPG, with an average of 29 MPG city/hwy driving overall. The interior is of excellent quality and the ride is smooth and quiet. The electronics are excellent and the sound system is very good, I use the XM radio all the time and it never drops out. I'm 6 ft tall, 250 lbs and I fit very comfortably in the car. I've even ridden in the back seat and that was comfortable. It looks great and rides great!

Polished metal metallic/Parchment Premium Pkg.
By ilx2013je on 01/21/13 07:00 AM (PST)

2013 Acura ILX Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

3 months of ownership and I'm extremely satisfied with my new ILX. Very peppy for a small 4cyl. engine. Ride and handling are very impressive. Excellent use of space on the interior. I'm coming from a mid-size and don't miss the little extra room I previously had. I don't want to see many of them on the road, but everyone should give this car a try.

So excited to buy my new Acura ILX
By stevenrose on 11/10/12 13:43 PM (PST)

2013 Acura ILX Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned many cars from Jeeps to Volvos and I keep coming back to Honda products. I owned a 1996 Acura Integra and I always refer to that as my favorite car. I owned a 2007 Volvo S40 that was pretty to look at, but drove very choppy. The 2013 Acura ILX is really smooth and fun to drive. I have read reviews that the ILX car is a Honda Civic in a tuxedo. What is wrong with a Honda Civic? My 2006 Honda Civic EX Coupe drove 10 times better than my Volvo S40 and the new ILX I just purchased drives even smoother and is 10x more luxurious than my Honda was. I think I have found that perfect blend of performance, luxury and style. I think I might have found my new favorite car.

Happy with my Acura ILX after 4000 miles
By jeepcolorado on 09/15/12 20:54 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura ILX Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased the Acura ILX after owning a Jeep Grand Cherokee for seven years. I really wanted a new JGC Overland, but decided it made more economic sense to look for a comfortable 60 miles/day commuter that would still give the feeling I was driving a solid entry level luxury car with most of todays tech features. The ILX has a very well engineered interior that seems well above the luxury level of a Civic or other lower end cars and in line with most other cars up to about 40K. It is a very pleasant place to relax while commuting a couple of hours a day. With a low 30's budget I compared against the Audi A3, VW GTI, Lexus 250H, and Suburu Outback and decided this was the best choice.

Acura ILX Impressions after first month
By hondafan30 on 09/07/12 18:14 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura ILX Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

The Ilx is a great car. I am a Honda/Acura fan which is a big part of why I purchased this car. You can get more car for the money with Toyota, Honda or Nissan any day, but if you want the Acura badge and build quality you pay the premium. The car handles extremely well, road noise is pretty low and the interior is one of the most comfortable and aesthetically appealing of any car I have owned. The interior isn't large but its done very well. I really enjoy driving this car and it gets its fair share of looks. Don't judge this car by pictures, I went to the dealer to buy a tsx and left with this because when I saw it the body styling really hooked me in. It is definitely not a rebadged civic

Getting 43 Mpg on daily commute
By mahowald on 08/11/12 12:19 PM (PDT)

I love this car. Gas mileage, suspension, and stereo are great. Bluetooth integration and Pandora integration work perfectly. Suspension and noise cancellation work amazingly well. Although it looks small, it has plenty of room and has always been big enough. Gas mileage has been from 42 to 45 without really trying.

Driving this car to work everyday....
By hleong on 07/26/12 17:00 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura ILX Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

This is the second month I am driving this car to work, everyday for 70 miles. Certainly don't feel like driving a Civic. Indeed, I owned a 2 doors Accord for 9 years and ILX is way more luxury than Accord, hence I don't know why people said it is just an upscale Civic?! Drive before you judge.... Compare to Lexus CT200h and CT200h is not even close to ILX, in luxury and design. ILX designers/engineers are really serious in doing the job and they do it very well.

Go fast with looks
By central25thst on 07/22/12 13:33 PM (PDT)

2013 Acura ILX Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Grown up with a 6 speed. Smooth shifting tranny. Soft touches allover. Smart phone integration is incredible.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Acura ILX in VA is:

$163 per month*