2003 Acura CL Consumer Review: An enjoyable drive.

2003 Acura CL - Consumer Review

3.2 Type-S Coupe (3.2L V6 5-speed Automatic)

An enjoyable drive.
By EdsonDJ on

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased brand new on May 2003, with 45 miles on it. It has been babied. Till this day, I enjoy everytime I drive it. It can handle most corners with its stiff suspension, and can get up to freeway speeds with ease. I liked the interior and thought it was the best in class during its time. I also liked the revised exterior styling for 2003, making it look more aggressive. However, there are some drawbacks. My transmission failed at 32K miles, which is a common problem with the automatic. I also started to hear squeaks and rattles after 2 years of owning the car. And the stock rotors warp too quickly causing steering wheel vibration. Still love the car though.

They're pretty rare. I still get stares from people wondering what the heck I'm driving. Engine noise when it hits the infamous VTEC at around 4800RPM. Aggressively styled headlights. White gauges in the day, black gauges at night. Memory seat positions.

Better transmission. Better rotors. This is easily fixed with aftermarkets, though, as I did with mine. Fewer squeaks and rattles. Better paint. Mine already had swirls after a year. The Bose it comes equipped with blows.