2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL model:
I thought Acura meant reliability!!
By Husband on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Don't get me wrong...this car is fun to drive and performs great..when it is running, that is. After only 1700 miles, my brand spanking new Acura was in the shop for over 3 weeks. The dealership had to replace the short block on the engine AND brake rotors. I think their quality control guy must be sleeping. Once a car has engine work, I don't consider it a new car. Very very disappointed with Acura, their answer, and the overall experience. I was a repeat customer. Will now re- evaluate them for future purchases.

My Acura CL-S
By wayne129 on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

So far it's been the best vehicle i've ever driven. Fun, fast, powerful, sexy, the CL-S coupe has it all. Only downside...get rid of Bose! I will be adding after-market Alpine HU and JL Audio speakers and amps.

Too many Problems
By Roynj on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The good things about the car are its awesome transmission and the engine power. It also looks great. OK enough of that. The low profile tires have given me nothing but trouble. So far I've had to replace two of them at over $200 each due to sidewall bubbles. No, the tire manufacturer does not warranty the side wall. The guages are crude. The sunroof only opens about (what seems) six inches. What a waste! The cupholders should be called cupholder (singular!). And I've had to have the drivers side interior door panel replaced. In addition, I don't think that the "auto" rearview mirror is working. Probably wont buy another one.

So much fun to drive!!!
By TypeSRocks on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in my boring 2002 A4 for this 03 Type-S, sportshift. It is so much fun to drive this car, incredible sounding VTEC V6 (deep, throaty, muscular sound). Lightning quick acceleration. Excellent leather seats, 8way power seat for driver is amazing. Smooth leather.

Disappointment
By John4evr on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The car is a mixture of pluses and minuses, however, listening to the dash board creak and groan with all the rattles is a good reason not to purchase this vehicle.

Kick Ass
By B. A. Smith on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is the most fun I've had driving in a long time!!! However, the new Accord is almost just as fun and will save you a few thousand.

Happy got lucky
By MikeyC on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Simply awesome! I love everything about this car. I had been longing for a V6 vehicle and was looking around for the perfect car for me for several months. I think I test drove everything. I almost bought the new Accord EX V6, however I wanted to see what I would get for a few thousand more and I am glad I did. This engine is much more exciting than the Accords. The power, the styling, luxury features, Acura service. You can't go wrong. Love it!

Excellent!
By namruf on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

We are very, very happy with our new CL Type S. We have had zero problems with the car. In addition, we are very pleased with the deal we got and the dealership in general.

CL MEANS VALUE
By mac wall on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Value is not a meaningless word to me and I translate it into my word with virtually everything. When it comes to autos, the Acura TV and CL simply beat the competition hands down. The BMW, the Lexus, the Audi and Volvo want to compete but they fall short in drive, fit and finish and performance. The CL could be light years ahead with so little attention on the part of designers. Why create a car that wins the VALUE competition yet let some other areas fall so short?

How can you drive this car slow??
By stejus on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Just picked up a 2003 CL Type-S a week ago and I love it. Had to put it in storage until April when the warm weather returns (Winter in Massachusetts too much!). I can't believe the power under the hood of this car. I traded in a MR2 which I thought had power, but this Acura CL TypeS is twice as fast off the line! Can't wait for spring to arrive!