Used 2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Acura Cl - Consumer Reviews

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S

View reviews for a specific CL model:

Last of the best
By flhoss

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Sorry they decided to drop the CL series. The chip resistant paint job is great. Driving on the freeway I was to the left rear of a bus. It hit a pile of broken boards. They flew up and slammed into the right rear side of my 2003 Cl-S shaking the vehicle. I stopped to see how much damage had been done to my car with only 900 miles on it. I was elated. Absolutely no damage, not a scratch or blemish. I still look occasionally to see if I missed something. I am 220 lbs 6 feet and seat is uncomfortable, head close to roof, rear window very difficult to clean inside. Still love my CL-S

Favorite Features

Performance, climate control, seat memory, trunk release, security, engine layout with no hoses,belts or lines rubbing. Chip resistant paint and universal garage door openers. Performance tires and rims.

Suggested Improvements

What RPM is best for vehicle. I would like to activate the brake light at the rear window and the one on the spoiler at the same time. I think the wiring will carry the additional current but I think a fuse will blow. Where would I connect into? Is there a T adapter available?

A great car for the money in its class
By Paiste

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

To get any other car in this class was just simply not an option for me when shopping for my CL. The 6 speed is awesome, as is the navigation and the power, there are plenty of mods available, including a supercharger for this model alone, that make this car a substantial value for the 27,500 I paid for it. To get a identically equipped pre-owned Bimmer or Audi or Mercedes that would be slower, I was looking at 36+.

Favorite Features

Navi, titanium trim, 6 speed

Suggested Improvements

More squeak and rattle protection, more resistant paint

Best Car I've Owned (oh, & THE MOST FUN)
By TMRNewYork

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This Car kicks tail! I swear I've never seen such a well put together package - in terms of workmanship, performance, comfort, thrill-to-drive, and sexiness - of a car, especially for the price, ever in my life. We're talking under six seconds for 0-60mph, leather seats and a slew of other luxury features that are standard, four passanger bucket seats that are heated, close shifting and a rev happy if you want it to be so engine, etc. etc. etc. - and all for thousands less than its competitors.

Favorite Features

Six-Speed Manual Transmission Automatic Climate Control Automatic Side Mirror Adjustment Downward upon shifting car into Reverse Six Disc in Dash + Tape + AM/FM Bose Bucket Seats back and front Extra Cel Phone Charger Ports Locked in Trunk Escape Cord to Release yourself

Suggested Improvements

That the wheels didn't stick out so far makes cornering and curbs in tight spots a difficulty

I think I got a steal
By erich

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I had been eyeing the CLS for about 3 months so I checked out ebay for used 2001's. I put a bid on a 2003 for the hell of it and settled outside of ebay for 20k! The car has 18k on it and is in pristine condition inside and out. I was expecting something to be wrong with it when it got to my door, but wow, was I surprised. I'm glad I didn't go for the 2001 and if this guy wants to sell any others at that price I will let you guys know!!

Favorite Features

engine, wheels, tires, steering, suspension, interior, sound

Suggested Improvements

rear wheel drive, telescopic steering wheel, a 2004 model!

Fun in a descreete package
By silvervtec96

2003 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S 3.2 Type-S 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car has been a blast since the day i picked it up. It performs and handles well. I can't really think of anything I don't like about this car. I think that the seats are probably some of the most comfortable seat I've ever been in. This car is full of features and is fun to dive.

Favorite Features

I like the seats and the engine!

Suggested Improvements

Clutch could be a little more forgiving